Look what critter visited our birdfeeders

Discussion in 'Wildlife in the Garden' started by DaphDaph, May 2, 2008.

1. DaphDaph

DaphDaph Seedling

You are right Sgt. We spotted a couple of freeloaders the other night. One actually took off with my suet basket. I looked all over the yard for it with no luck. This morning I found it by the other bird feeder. My husband says they brought it back for a refill.
    I still have to feed my new mom's so I'm filling up the feeders enought for a day and bringing in the baskets at night.

2. SongofJoy57

SongofJoy57 In Flower

Great Pics DaphDaph! My cousin raised a raccoon from a baby. His name was Zach. The bottoms of his feet felt just like a newborn baby's, but they were solid black. One day she came home from work to find the front door open . . . he had opened the door, and left. Guess it was time.

3. DaphDaph

DaphDaph Seedling

I bet she was heart broken. I don't think I would trust them to roam my house alone. They would get into everything....make long distnace calls, eat all the food in the fridge.....kind of like a teenager. We were watching mama racoon pickup her food and turning it in her hands and opening peanut shells. We know how well those cute little hands work.

4. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

Great pictures. We have racoons, possums and God only knows what else visit the cat food table at night. I don't think the rats and mice are problems because the cats keep them thinned out. We have several very dedicated hunters and huntresses.

Advertisement