Lorelei's birthday :)

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Ronni, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

We had a fun time celebrating Lorelei's birthday....she turned 14 OMG!!! How is it possible that I have a 14 year old grandkid???

Anyway, the three grands came over Friday, we all went to the grocery store Friday night and had such a blast (who knew grocery shopping could be so much fun??) picking out food for breakfast and sides for dinner...William had offered to smoke a brisket and some chicken legs. Stayed up way too late, then got up early Saturday morning. Karleigh and Ella ended up going to another birthday party with Paige and River and Lucy...a Bouncy House event which was going to entertain them much more than the shopping and lunch and manicure that were planned for Lorelei. ;)

Lorelei had a great time shopping for clothes and girl things and other "essentials" (like a full length mirror and art for her room :rolleyes:) Uncle Cameron met up with us mid-shopping then took us for lunch, after which we all met up with Paige and the gang and did more shopping at 5 Below, primarily so the other kids could pick out a few things each (I'm a softie what can I say?)

Then back to the house, they helped me prep the sides while William put the finishing touches on the food, and then the rest of the family came over and we all ate and made merry and did the usual ridiculous stuff we do when we get together as a family. Took the girls home mid evening..and thank goodness Ron was driving everyone in his big truck (he volunteered because I was so tired at that point!) because they had SO MUCH STUFF!!! OMG!!!

It was a good weekend! Lorelei is having a rough time right now. Candy (the other grandmother, and who the girls are living with since their mother's death) and I have spoken at length about her troubles, plus Lorelei has been constantly in touch with me venting and such, which is so sad...poor kids. But this w/e seemed to give her a boost and she definitely left in much better spirits.

Saturday morning cartoons. Yeah, I know they all look miserable, but they'd just gotten up, no breakfast yet, and they're all still in that hazy sleep mode. :D Lorelei was still in bed, I'd tried once already get her up and moving!
    [​IMG]

Here...this is me engaging in "child abuse" according to Lorelei :cool: Get up child so we can shower you with gifts and fun activities!!

Cam took us to lunch at one of his favorite places. He got oysters on the half shell and Lorelei was curious, said she's been trying new things, so he schooled her in the "proper" way to prepare and eat a raw oyster, then she rolled with it!

[​IMG]

She chewed a bit, gave it a valiant try, but then spit it out into her napkin (we had a half dozen at the ready!) and gulped her iced tea in a hurry!! I mean, seriously, doesn't this face say it all?? :confused:
    [​IMG]

Uncle Cam keeping Milo entertained while everyone else shopped at 5 Below.
    [​IMG]

Grayson in full-on party mode! :sete_013: ;)
    [​IMG]

Happy birthday sweet Lorelei! <3
    [​IMG]

Frank and eileen like this.
  2. Loading...