Making The Case For Facemasks

Discussion in 'Jokes and Games' started by Sjoerd, May 16, 2020.

1. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

thanks S. I am feeling so much better. almost like I wasn't ever sick. just a little burny sensation while inhaling and exhaling but other than that... fine now. I didn't wake up to cough during the night for the last two nights nor needed the inhaler upon waking. hiphip hooray!

2. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

3. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Carolyn, I am so glad you were able to take care of yourself and get better. Hospitals are never a great place to be and with all the new restrictions there is no way I would let myself be admitted. My son works at a local hospital and only patients and staff are allowed in. No visitors, not even spouses or parents no matter the conditions. Very sad. Keep taking care of yourself and your family.

Cayuga Morning likes this.
  4. Luis_pr

Luis_pr New Seed

Hilarious! Thanks for sharing.

If there were enough N95 masks, we would not be talking so much about it as they would help minimize the chances of getting "it" a lot better. But alas, not perfect as we could always touch a contaminated surface with our hands first and after removing the mask, we might then touch our face before washing our hands. As much of a pain as the masks are and as much as they make my glasses fog up, I do not want to be the one who gave this disease to my Mom. Just get a darn vaccine as soon as possible.... In the meantime, someone needs to order some companies to produce several N95 masks by the big millions. Boeing is not doing much lately. Hmmm, maybe all those engineers can help mass produce the N95s if they can just get the components/materials or use new/different materials???? ;o)

Last edited: May 20, 2020
    Cayuga Morning likes this.

Advertisement
  5. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

really...nothing hilarious about any of this imo. nor do I believe there will ever be vaccine available that actually works. this keeps mutating and I do believe far more people have it than they are admitting is possible because when we all got sick to begin with back in Dec there were no tests available.... and doctors were "practicing".... again. they didn't know what it was either. "you have allergies" was a standard line. nope no way no how was this "allergies". Some people react severely others don't even know they were infected with "it".
    I have a friend who lives 2 miles down the road who told me her husband tested positive even after being so careful to not go anywhere without their masks. staying home not going to the store unless absolutely necessary.. but they had to take her brother to the hospital in Cleveland at the beginning of May and they were there 6 hours. now they all have it. last night he was taken to the hospital. he is about 85. still works, is still active, is a healthy individual. all I can do is hope and pray they get through it.

Sjoerd and Cayuga Morning like this.
  6. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Going into town on my weekly trip, I always wear a mask and gloves. I am also always shocked at how many people are walking around with naked faces and hands!
    Our county has six cases. Yeah, right. Since Texas "opened up" there will be more people sick, and dead. Thank heavens we can happily "shelter in place" and take proper precautions when we must go out. I sincerely feel for those who can't. Those who won't, well they make their choices but I'm not contributing to their funeral expenses.

Sjoerd, Cayuga Morning and carolyn like this.
  7. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

That is as accurately stated as can be for the simple-minded or complex thinker.