Milo's Birthday

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Ronni, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

He's two already, can you believe it???

Paige decided that for this birthday, we'd have a creek party. ;) There's a park close by where we live, and it has some of the most beautiful scenery, with a creek running through it that has lots of rocks and pebbles and shale, and is shallow enough (barely ankle deep) that kids can easily wade and splash around, climb on the rocks and fall in and not be in any danger of drowning. So Paige chose a pavilion with easy access to the creek, and went to town. There was a piƱata for the birthday boy of course! She set up a scavenger hunt where the kids got to go find nature things from a list stapled to their little paper bags, then they came back to the craft table and made lovely picture frames from their treasures. With her polaroid camera, Paige then took pics of the child and set it in the frame. Very cute idea!! There was also a tattoo station where the kids could plaster themselves with cool nature tattoos.

All the fun crafty stuff:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The gorgeous scenery!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Loading...

3. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Sweet Ella loved being in the water. Karleigh said she wasn't going to bother, then the next thing I knew she was right there with everyone else lol! I asked Ron and Cameron to keep an eye on them while I helped Paige with Milo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Milo deep in conversation with Ron about "Dat vun wader" (that one water) and Ron being goofy ;)
    [​IMG]

Peekaboo!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Random: A cute photo of my handsome son #4 Cameron ;) My other boys were working so they couldn't make it.
    [​IMG]

It was a great afternoon. After everything was done, Ron and I headed to Bar Louie for cucumber gimlet cocktails and some food. Their lettuce wraps are amazing! And he decided to sample their Voodoo sandwich..not bad! It was a good day. <3

[​IMG][
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  4. Growingpains

Growingpains Young Pine

The children are adorable! The trees appear to be ancient/I love walking through such woods.

Ronni likes this.
  5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Absolutely wonderful photographs. I love to see children enjoying themselves outdoors instead of being stuck to a computer or TV. Your lot all looked as though they were having a marvellous time and I really enjoyed seeing the concentration on their faces while they crafted.

HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY MILO!!

Growingpains and Ronni like this.

Advertisement
  6. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

What an amazing party that all ages could enjoy! The children was having so much fun but the older ones was too. Truly a family party!

Ronni likes this.
  7. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

What a fun birthday party! Your daughter is very creative. It looks like kids of all ages had a great time!

Growingpains and Ronni like this.
  8. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

It was so much fun!! And yeah, Cayuga you're right, kids of all ages had a blast!! Ron and I are planning to go back there so we can stroll around in the creek a little more freely than we were able to do while we were watching the various kiddos.

Growingpains and Cayuga Morning like this.
  9. Growingpains

Growingpains Young Pine

It's even more fun when the grands are a little older and you climb together, wade the creek together, laugh together! Memories are made of these days.

Cayuga Morning and Ronni like this.