Mixing burgundy flower curtains with purple in the kitchen

Discussion in 'Interior Design' started by ruth, Feb 16, 2013.

1. ruth

ruth New Seed

[​IMG]
    ( photo / image / picture from ruth's Garden )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hi there everyone!
    I have a few questions I need some help. I thought I would change things around in my open floorplan livingroom/kitchen. So Im thinking of getting new curtains for the living room. I love my current burgundy floral colors I have right now. And getting tired of my grapes/country look in the curtains I have over the sink window and(specially the country feel with the grapes in the curtains. I would like something more contemporary.) and the sliding glass door next to my dining table. Those grape curtains match in those two windows in the kitchen. So I thought I would carry over the floral burgundy colors from the livingroom to the kitchen and tie it together a bit. Problem is, my colors of small appliances which I love , (kitchenaid mixer, clock and a few other items in my kitchen are purple plum color. ) Is it weird or look bad if I put the burgundy floral curtains in the kitchen with the purple items I already have? Not sure if floral curtains go in the kitchen or if it would look right with the purple items/grapes design Ive got in the kitchen? Ive tried to upload the pictures of the purple colors and the curtains, hopefully I did it right.
    Thanks for your suggestions!
    Ruth

2. Loading...

3. SusieQ07

SusieQ07 In Flower

The flowers appear more of a mauve in the photo's which, I think go nicely with purple, being in the same family of colors.

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I agree with Susie. With the curtains having a light background I think they'll tie together nicely with the purple.

5. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

SusieQ as long as the flower curtains have some plum or purple color in them they should look fine. You could also do a plaid with similar colors if the floral does not work out. :stew1:

Advertisement
  6. ruth

ruth New Seed

hi everyone! thanks susieq and eileen for the posts so far and comments. To answer your question , tooty2shoes, it does not technically have purple, i guess a shade of purple , but technically it is burgundy, that's why my dilemma,asyou see the pictures, the mixer ,clock, and other items inthe kitchen are purple. I was just hoping to merge the colors of the 2 rooms open openfloorplan concept.

7. heathercashart

heathercashart New Seed

I think the colors go well together - they compliment each other. I think it will look nice because it won't look all "matchy-matchy", but more like it all just goes together.

8. mart

mart Strong Ash

If it were me and I wanted a more contemporary look, I would look for different curtains. Almost any shade of burgundy looks good with a mid tone gray. Not too dark though, mid tone or lighter. If the gray had a touch of the burgundy,, even better. Just a tie back with the burgundy would work. That way its a balance of color and pattern with your kitchen items. Curtains are the least expensive way to change the look of a room.