Mold/fungus?

Discussion in 'Houseplants' started by SadSunday, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Carolyn, I no longer summer my clivias outdoors. I think that's how they got them. But of course you never know.

Want to hear something interesting? I am growing microgreens in my basement under lights. It has been easy & successful. This morning I discovered a gypsy moth catarpillar munching away on them!!??! How did THAT happen ? I threw the catarpillar out into the freezing cold.

2. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Huh? Where did that come from? I am always amazed when I find out of season pests and delighted to squash them and eliminate a new generation and cycle of at least on family. This week I have killed 7 mice in the greenhouse and ran one down in the garden when j was cleaning up. score! They are such a pestilence. I had 1/2 of my roumainian hot peppers eaten off the first night I moved them to the greenhouse. Then 2 flats of marigolds snipped off or the seeds eaten. Grrrrr!! A dead mouse is a good mouse.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  3. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Frustrating, isn't it? The bane of my existence are voles and deer. Voles gobble up my bean seedlings, beets, carrots. And they have ruined my beautiful iris crista wave (they look like a flow of water!) at the house. So frustrating.
    Deer do a lot of damage too. I am hoping to have the energy (I envy you your energy @carolyn) to put up a second fence around my perennial garden at the house. We have a double fence at the community garden & that works very well....now, I wish it would work for the voles!

4. Dirtmechanic

Dirtmechanic Young Pine

@mart taught me about using betadine drench on soil if there was a need to stop fungus without hurting plants or roots. You will need to sterilize the scene of the crime before reuse of pots and so forth. Sorry you lost them. Its hard to get aheado some infections, I know.

Cayuga Morning likes this.

Advertisement