More critters passing through...

Discussion in 'Wildlife in the Garden' started by DaphDaph, Aug 30, 2007.

1. petunia

petunia Young Pine

I have to agree with netty, I don't know how I missed this post either.
    Daph, these are really great picts.
    I have a brother in S. Carolina but I never knew you have lizards there-he's never said anything about them. We have black squirrels here in upper mich. racoons, skunks, and my daughter seen a fox the other day. also the canadian geese like to land in on the mill pond about this time of year-anyway, loved all your picts. humming birds are so quick you did a good job getting a picture of the little fellow. (or madam)

2. DaphDaph

DaphDaph Seedling

I'm so glad you all like the photos. Zuzu and Sandy can tell you that we have some interesting wildlife in the Carolina's.
    Our house is in a regular neighborhood with one difference. Several of the houses are backed up next to protected wetland. We were lucky enough to purchase our home when the neighbor first growing. So we were able to pick a great lot with the wetland woods behind us and a pond beside us. It amazes me that that the neighbors sit inside on their computers or watching tv when all this great stuff is literally in the back yard. My favorite time of the day is sitting in the swing after work and watching the birds.
    Petunia....we have lots of lizards and skinks too. The green ones are anoles ( I think that is the name of them). I have more photos to post that you might like. It's my lizards sleeping on the aloe.
    I'm soo happy that everyone likes the photos. I'll post a Part 2 shortly.

3. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

I know people who never venture outside to watch green things. They stay in their town, that's it.

I'm looking very forward to your next wildlife photos. :setc_005:

4. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

Great critter pics! I wish I lived 'out' where I would have critters. Can't even have a bird feeder for all the stray cats. :(

Advertisement