Mum's and bums

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Melody Mc., Sep 18, 2023.

1. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

A neighbour called a few days ago, and said that he saw a large cougar cut across our field when he drove by the corner closest to the road. We saw some deer scatter, so the timing made sense. It prompted me to check the critter camera on the drive way. It's intent is to catch images of two legged unwelcome wild things, but it always catches images from the game trail to the creek.

Angus has been acting up and doing "Angus" a lot lately. The cat wasn't on the camera, but these were. I haven't checked it in a while. Please excuse the dates and times - I can't be bothered to reset each camera every time (truth be told I don't always have my reading glasses when I change the batteries hahaha)

WGI_0041.JPG

WGI_0042.JPG

This is a wee white tail deer - they raise that big white flag as an alarm. We have two doe's with single fawns.

WGI_0088.JPG

And we have one doe with twins.
    This is an older picture of the two littles
    DSCF0063.JPG

WGI_0038.JPG

Frank, S-H, eileen and 2 others like this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Capt Kirk
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Great shots. I don’t ever look at times or dates. I did enjoy seeing your wildlife there. I can imagine that the cougar could represent a problem there though.
    Cheers for the fotos you posted.

Melody Mc. likes this.
  4. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

Thanks Sjoerd. :)
    I do always dislke it when a cougar is hanging around so close - but I have to remind myself that they are there probably all of the time anyhow. It had been prowling the creek and field for a few days. Some encouragment has made it move on now I think.

Hubby suggested I post this guy. Every spring and fall we see it or a family member. You can tell it is a lynx because, although a Bob Cat looks similiar, the lynx is a little bigger, has larger ear tufts and it's hind legs are longer than it's front legs. This was in front of Angus' pen.

RSCN7570.JPG

5. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

It is a formidable beast, isn’t it, Mel. That was a good idea from your man. That is a good foto of that lynx.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2023
    Melody Mc. and eileen like this.
  6. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

You're indeed lucky to capture such beautiful wildlife with your security cameras.

All I ever get to see on mine are people who are either lost, loitering, or under the influence of some controlled substance - Or just acting curious, (while secretly just looking for an opportunity to steal something), specially around public holidays...

I guess urban decay too is a type of wildlife. Or at least it should be declared as such today, as I at least am seeing a lot of it, (specially after the pandemic).

OK, I have this great idea! Let's both of us call National Geographic, and share with them our pictures and video footage. Then we'll see who's call they will rerun.

:rofl::smt044

Jokes aside, thanks a lot for sharing such beautiful wildlife images. Such pictures really deserve to be published and distributed widely. So everyone can enjoy seeing them, as well as learn from.

Melody Mc. likes this.