My apologies to all...........

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by fatbaldguy, Dec 8, 2014.

1. fatbaldguy

fatbaldguy In Flower

who read my curmudgeonly reply to one of the postings here. I was in a foul mood and failed to engage the filter between my brain and fingers. I came off as a boor and I'm the worse as a person for it.

Again I apologize to all. FBG

Sjoerd, Henry Johnson and KK Ng like this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. fish_4_all
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. eileen
      Replies:
      Views:

3. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

No apology needed. Your "foul mood" is pretty mild compared to some of mine :twisted:!
    Anyone who had been wet and cold all day has the right to be upset.
    Hoping you are warm, comfortable, and that the weather gives you a break!

4. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

It's understandable I think, everyone (once in a while) does spiral down into a foul mood. It's not really us, but the circumstances around us which cause such behavior to arise... So like I had just said, it happens to the best of us.

In my own case however, whenever I am in such a mood - I withdraw from posting anything in public, and start learning something instead. Anger plus frustration can actually be great motivators (believe it or not). Besides, I've noticed that when angry, my mental focus is at it's peak!

Last time this happened to me (a month ago), I shouted extremely vulgar obscenities aloud in the air - After which I picked up this book:

C++ For Dummies: http://www.amazon.com/For-Dummies-Steph ... 0470317264

So now I'm getting good at computer programming as well! I'm damn good when it comes to 3D CAD designing (have been since the last 2 decades), and recently I also mastered how to make webpages too - Yet the one computing skill which I really lacked (serious high level computer programming), I am also now learning! :D

Some people mistake this attitude of mine, and I can't say I blame them - But for me, being in a foul mood can be a great moment to acquire a new skill. Or do something else which I've been neglecting...

5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Forget it - we all have days when we're like a bear with a sore head. I know my husband takes off while I'm in a strop and the dog grabs his leash and follows him. :rolleyes: They know it's safer out in the rain that facing up to me in a bad mood. :D

stratsmom and marlingardener like this.

Advertisement
  6. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

We may all be guilty of this at times. We here at GardenStew are only human....

I am one to get my feelings hurt very easily, even if something isn't directed to me. I glanced back over some of your posts and saw nothing off color in them.

Don't worry about "failing to engaging your brain with a little filter". :D :D :D Very cute......

carolyn likes this.
  7. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Mate, I do not know what you are talking about. I must have missed that posting.

You know what it is with bad behaviour--it is usually the one in the bad mood that is suffering the most, more than the folks in the vicinity.
    Well, I am just glad that you were able to dismiss that dark cloud...and I hope that you are feeling better.

BTW-- I have enormous respect for a person that can apologize. Apologizing can be one of the most difficult things for a person to do (for a number of reasons). It isn't just a matter of saying the words, there is WAAAAY more involved.

So mate--chapeau!

8. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

I have no idea what you were talking about too! Yes it takes a sincere person to admit one's mistake and I too have high respect for a person like that. You are a GREAT GUY FBG!

9. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

I don't know what you're referring too either. I think you are too hard on yourself! :-D

10. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

FBG I agree with everyone else. Some days we are just to hard on ourselves. I do have my ###### days. We all do. :stew2:

11. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Well fatbaldguy, don't just post and run.....come back and tell us what you said that offended yourself.....

we would like to know.....

because it appears that you are the only one that was offended. :-D

comeonbacknow........fatbaldguy.....