My book

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Palustris, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Hi @Palustris I get my books off Amazon the same and pre-order sometimes...in case you never get a book come through properly this is what you need to do, unless you know already ;)

You can get the updated version of this book by going to Manage your Content & Devices. Find the book under Your Content tab, click on the "Update Available" button next to the book's title, and then follow the update prompts. All your devices that have the eBook currently downloaded will be updated automatically the next time they connect to wireless.

2. Palustris

Palustris Young Pine

The only problem we have with Amazon is that their Delivery drivers cannot find us.

Gail-Steman likes this.
  3. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Is it down to your postcode or actually finding you in the area you live?...if I have any questions I like to chat with a representative on line.

4. Palustris

Palustris Young Pine

Satnavs tell the drivers they have arrived when they are still over a mile away from us, so they turn round and go to their next delivery. Have spent many hours talking to Amazon Customer Services about giving exact info on how to find us all to no avail.

Gail-Steman likes this.

Advertisement
  5. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

It only takes their satnavs to not be updated or older, that will stop them...my hubby as a TomTom and he always keeps it updated but you know how they alter roads, half the time it doesn't recognize a new turning.

It must be frustrating though when you've ordered something and you've got this game half the time :shrug:

6. Palustris

Palustris Young Pine

Even more annoying when our next door neighbours with the same postcode, but Amazon Prime can get things delivered. Their stuff comes from a different Depot so the van comes from the other direction where we are first in the post code area, not last as we are from the other end of the lane.
    Penalties of living in a very rural spot. Could have things delivered to Teaspots in the next town, but that is a bit of a faff.
    Just sent the manuscript for the next book off to the editor. May get it done for Xmas, or may not,depends on how busy he is at work.

Gail-Steman likes this.
  7. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Palustris I hope i'm reading your comment right but do you write books then :headscratch:

8. Palustris

Palustris Young Pine

Yes. I think I have 9 out at the moment. Go to Amazon and Search 'Eric Marsh' in Children's Books for a full list of them.

Gail-Steman likes this.
  9. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Thanks mate :like:...as I have two grandsons who are young but the granddaughter is older...I've just taken a look and read a review and later on I shall be purchasing, i'll let you know which ones I buy :)

10. Palustris

Palustris Young Pine

Out of interest, I get no Royalties from them. We put them on at the price Amazon charge for printing them.

Gail-Steman likes this.
  11. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Morning Palustris is it worth me getting any then because I've not gone book shopping in 4yrs...since I joined Amazon.

12. Palustris

Palustris Young Pine

Sorry, do not know what you mean.

13. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

You've stated you don't get royalties from them but if I purchase you still get some money from the selling plus I know the grand kids would like them :)

14. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

@Palustris I do apologise if I've offended you in any way :(

15. Palustris

Palustris Young Pine

Sorry, should have explained about the royalties. Since we only ever expected to sell to family and friends it seemed a bit 'off' to add money to the price of the books. Plus, if any of them had ever taken off and become best sellers I would have had to declare the income for tax purposes which is a job and a quarter, so we did not bother. It is not a problem.
    I am almost impossible to offend as I always believe the best of people.

Frank and Gail-Steman like this.