My Cairn Terrier...

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Sherry8, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

My Cairn terrier Scooter woke up this morning sick...he had been sick in his kennel (inside) and would not eat..he was very lethargic and also got the diahrea. He was fine when we put him to bed the night before...I took him to the vet and he told me he had to have an IV put in and he would have to spend the night or two or until he improved. His temperature was 105. He didn't think it was viral because the temp was too high. I am hoping it is not his pancreas...this will be a long night for us here until we hear what is going on or if it is something else...it just came on so fast...I was out side when the UPS truck drove by and it seemed so quiet without Scooter barking at his truck.Even though they can be so naughty at times...just being a dog...it is so quiet and different without him. The lab we have is such a quiet dog.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. aloes
      Replies:
      Views:

3. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Here's good thoughts and prayers that your dog will be back with you in good time. Dogs are such good friends and comfortable to have around us. dooley

4. bailey

bailey Seedling

Oh I'm so sorry about your dog! I'm sending good thoughts and prayers your way. Hopefully he will be back home in no time!

5. gardengater

gardengater Young Pine

I hope Scooter recovers just as fast as he got sick. I know I'd feel just as bad if one of my kitties got sick. Just believe the vet will do his best and let us know.
    Gardengater

Advertisement
  6. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I'll keep everything crossed that Scooter recovers quickly. It's no fun running a temperature and having sickness and diarrhoea. Poor little chap!!

7. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

I'm thinking of you :'(
    Deanna

8. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

I hope Scooter is better by now.I hope it is nothing bad.Sending prayers and good thoughts to you and Scooter.Keep us informed.

9. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

I am really sorry to hesar that Scooter is under the weather. You mentioned that they started an iv on him...did they also do some blood work on him?...or x-rays?..an urinanalysis?
    You mentioned that his temp was 105°--is that elevated for a dog?
    I hope that his intestines are ok and that he hasn't swallowed something that he shouldn't have.
    Pleasew keep us posted on this, as we will all be sitting and thinking of you and wondering how Scooter is coming along.

10. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

They did do a blood work up...and the vet just called me with the results. What they tested him for was all fine..Then he said he was a shy dog...I said no he isn't..only if he gets corrected. He isn't getting sick anymore but he hasn't eaten yet so we will see how he is doing tomorrow when I call to check on him. We have to keep the temperature down. Most dogs I was told with a viral infection run a temp of 102, and his was 105.that was what worried the vet. Thank you for your good thoughts, it is helping...Sherry

11. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

Scooter came home yesterday. His temperature is gone. He has to be on a special dog food, easy to digest for a while and has some pills to take for almost a week. We do not know what caused it but he is getting better. He is tired and not as much energy yet but I will keep a close eye on him...thank you all for the good wishes..Sherry

[​IMG]

12. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

YEAH FOR SCOOTER!! He is a cutie patootie :D
    Deanna
    :-D

13. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I missed this post on Wednesday, but am very glad to hear Scooter is better now. He is a real cutie.

14. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

I'm so glad Scooter is much better.He is such a handsome little cutie.

15. playtime8978

playtime8978 In Flower

oh how wonderful he is home and doing well what a beautiful little boy he is and obviously much much loved, skippy my moms dog ( like a little brother to me lol) has diabetes seems to pick any infection going one time iw as looking after him he got real sick and the vets had to come collect him ( i dont drive) and ic ried all night i thought we werent going to see him home again and that was about 18 months ago and the little trooper is home and doing well, its the highlight of my week going giving him and robby cuddles

16. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

Sherry, sorry I missed the original post. I am so glad Scooter is better. He is soooo cute. Give him {{{{hugs}}}} for me. Our furry little friends are so special to us. Good thoughts still coming your way.