My Cave

Discussion in 'Home Improvement, DIY and Repair' started by Droopy, Feb 10, 2022.

1. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Me too, Stamp. Me too. And the rest of the family. We found a nice N64 online, so now we have two of them. We also bought extra controllers since it's difficult to find spare sticks anymore. Still looking for an extra rumble pack or two. Ok, then, three. So one N64 in the front room, and one in the guest room. Perfect!

The rest of the people showing their stuff have skills. Me? I hired a furniture carpenter to get everything up ten times faster than I would manage myself. The wood yards around here haven't got cutting-to-size as an option, sorry to say, so I needed somebody who knew what they were doing.

Your wall unit is very nice, @Doghouse Riley. I know who to ask if I ever decide I need one of those somewhere!

2. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Young Pine

Thanks for that.
    The one I use has digitally controlled cutters, must have had them for well over a decade. They just punch the size into a keyboard. The machine sets it and all the operator has to do is push it through.

https://www.atlantictimber.co.uk/cutting_service.html

Pacnorwest and Droopy like this.
  3. Droopy

I want a shop with a machine like that in my area! Imagine all the stuff people could fix themselves. I imagine the result is almost like the IKEA furniture only made-to-measure.

Pacnorwest likes this.
  4. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Young Pine

Exactly!

Well... Not quite, with self-build there's no left-over bits!

Droopy and Pacnorwest like this.

Advertisement
  5. JessieJim

JessieJim New Seed

Are you a gamer? what games do you play?

Droopy and Frank like this.
  6. Droopy

I won't really call myself a gamer since I don't do very complicated stuff. Strict no-war-games policy, but I do enjoy a little bit of war if the rest of the game is peaceful.

I play the N64 classics like SuperMario, DonkeyKong, BanjoKazooie, and the Zelda games. I have a Nintendo WII but I've only managed to play MarioCart on there because it was mostly used by the kids and I never got to it, and eventually lost interests. The kids still use it now and then. I bought a Nintendo Switch on offer, mainly to play Animal Crossing. I made the huge mistake of showing it to my oldest daughter on my way home from the shop, and now my grandchildren have it. I didn't even get to unpack it myself, lol.

Then I play the occasional farming game, merge games, and puzzles on my tablet. Things a granny can unwind with after a day of doing other stuff while watching TV.

On the PC I'm currently playing Forge of Empires. I like to build towns and develop them. The way that game is going I might have to change my nick to Grandma the Bloodthirsty instead of Singing-Tone-Troll. Building an army is more fun than I thought it would be. My clan has a Discord account so we socialize while playing. I treated myself to a better headset. The old one gave me a headache if I had it on for too long.

I'm thinking about The Elden Ring and Victoria 3 but haven't got time for those ATM.

Pacnorwest and Frank like this.
  7. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Any love for GoldenEye and Starfox 64? Ocarina of Time is my all time favourite game!

Pacnorwest and Droopy like this.
  8. Droopy

Haven't got those, but we're looking to see what can be bought now and then so thanks for the tips. I haven't yet found a game that I like as much as Ocarina of Time!

9. Frank

That reminds me, I really need to visit Lake Hylia for a spot of fishing again some time!

Droopy likes this.
  10. Droopy

Skitt fiske! As we say in Norway because it's bad luck to wish you good fishing. I have a strong feeling of what I'm going to do tomorrow after earning housewife-points.

11. Frank

That sounds like in Ireland how some fishermen won't go fishing with lifevests as it "invites" danger.

Pacnorwest, Droopy and Sjoerd like this.
  12. Droopy

And don't mention horses while on a boat. That superstition is very much alive still here in Norway.

Frank and Pacnorwest like this.
  13. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Young Pine

Droopy… curious how many points do you need to earn before earning enough housewife points to go fishing? :)

Droopy likes this.
  14. Droopy

@Pacnorwest Haha, none! It just means I need to get some housework done before I go to do whatever, and I can't postpone it.

Pacnorwest likes this.
  15. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Young Pine

Droopy .. I thought it might be a way your bride has to get your seal of approval on garden planting..:stew1::stew2:

Droopy likes this.