My dishwasher dilemma continues!

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Donna S, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

Well they came and they went with not one but two dishwashers. After the second one was installed I found that the door would not close. I'm just glad I found it before the installers left. Now it's next Tuesday for another dishwasher. I've already made up my mind 3 times and THEY ARE OUT! Sad part is it's to early in the day to cry in my wine and to cold to play in the dirt. :D Guess I'll go wash dishes.

2. Loading...

3. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

This must be an open and no shut case. :)

Jerry

4. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

:eek: Good grief, Donna. You poor thing. get a book and a glass of wine....forget the dishwasher for a moment.

5. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    We have needed to replace our dishwasher for almost a year now. Don't miss it. With only the two of us unloading and loading the dishwasher was more work than just doing them by hand. We have gotten really good at stacking dishes in nice neat piles thou ;) gh

Advertisement
  6. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Donna, after what you have been through, it is NEVER too early for a glass of wine and a good cry!
    Have you considered letting the dog lick the dishes clean, and then drying them in a rack? The dog will be happy and your dishes, shiny clean.

7. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

I hope you've brought out the wine. It won't help you with the dishwasher dilemma but you'll find that washing dishes is a lot more fun. ;-) Remember to hum "Never ending stooooryyyy-lalalalalala..."

8. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

I went to the store and I bought wine and paper plates. :D

carolyn likes this.
  9. katfar3

katfar3 New Seed

I myself vote for the wine and letting the dogs clean the plates.

10. katfar3

katfar3 New Seed

I myself vote for the wine and letting the dogs clean the plates.

11. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

I forgot to ask what brand.My Dh use to work for Amana,bought by Maytag--bought out by Whirlpool.Use to get employee discount From Sear. Because plant also made Kenmore. Old one wash a portable -Dh made it built in. it worked for many years. Newer one right now looks funny-insulation on both sides.

12. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

My dad bought a dishwasher once back in the 70s. Since there was no room to install it under the cabinet, it was one of those "mobile" ones. I think it got used a dozen times and then it disappeared. When I was in college, one apartment I lived in had a dishwasher.
    Other than those two... don't have one... don't need one and sure as heck don't miss one! :stew2:

13. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

I didn't have a dishwasher for the first 36 years of my life and didn't want one. Then I decided that I was tired of doing the dishes-no one else in my family of 5 would do them. When I started working full time and still no one would help I demanded a dishwasher. Shopped around all the big box stores and finally found a better one, cheaper at a local shop. They delivered it the same day, my husband installed it the following day. About 3 weeks later I got a call asking how my new dishwasher was working ... that impressed me! More and more I find that the small 'Mom and Pop' stores have better prices, product and attitude. I am currently in the market for a new fridge and will NOT be going to the big box stores! Hope your dishwasher woes are over soon Donna!

14. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Netty, YES! When my Maytag died for the second time (this one a replacement of the one that was recalled) I went to the local Western Auto store, got a nice dishwasher for less than we would have paid at a big box store, and they actually apologized because they wouldn't be able to deliver it that afternoon! Next day it arrived at 9 a.m., it was installed, and I was washing dishes by 10 a.m.
    Love those local stores!

15. AAnightowl

AAnightowl Young Pine

I have not had the use of a mechanical dishwasher since 1984 and do not miss it. I like to wash dishes by hand. When my kids were growing up they used to beg for a dishwasher, and I told them "What for? , I already have 3."

I really hate scrubbing the oven though.

Anyhow, I hope your problem is solved soon.

16. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Since I'm in cleaning business.I do other people dishes all the time.Have cut back my hours when i first started. 60-70 Now about 25. Store around me don't sell them any more. Would go to Amana-get scratch and dent.+ employee discount.Since Whirlpool ---no discount.