My dishwasher dilemma continues!

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Donna S, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

Dishwasher dilemma chapter 3

GE sent serv pro to my house to check for water damage. Guess what? My whole floor has to be replaced along with insulation under floor. And all has to be sprayed for mould. Right now we are listening to this huge noisy fan drying floor. Contractor coming Monday.

[​IMG]
    ( photo / image / picture from Donna S's Garden )

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Thank goodness they are stepping up and fixing your floor Donna! That's fantastic, except for the noisy fan

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Donna you're really having major problems aren't you? :( I hope that once the fan has dried everything out that the floor can be replaced quickly. Do you have to pay for the replacement or will the dishwasher company stump up the money? Let's hope this is the end of all the hassle you've had and that you can get your new dishwasher up and running.

4. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

I hope they do a good job. Is GE going to handle the whole replacement process and will they cover any mold that may appear in the future? Good luck tomorrow.

Jerry

Advertisement
  5. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

One of my customer had leak from DW. and had major floor damage. This was while they was on vacation.2nd one had put in pan with alarm that shut off water.I have seen them for water -heaters. Will be getting this for WH -mine is in bath room.

6. AAnightowl

AAnightowl Young Pine

Ouch on all that water damages! Hopefully, whoever does the job does it RIGHT and at minimum expense.

I have had to replace the floor in my bathroom, and once in the laundry room twice since I live here [1987] due to water damages and leaks, and at my expense. I also had to replace the hallway floor too, that is adjacent to both bathroom and laundry room. My old bedroom had to be torn down due to water damages also, and now I have a new bedroom. I HOPE that is the end of the water damages.

7. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

I'm just thankful GE is paying the bill. And yes Jerry they will be checking for mold under the house for several months. I also get to use my own contractor. So I know the floor will be done right. It's the next dishwasher delivery that I'm worried about.

8. AAnightowl

AAnightowl Young Pine

That is great that GE is paying the bill AND letting you use your own contractor, AND checking for mold for awhile.