My first responder son got the virus!

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Ronni, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

My oldest son Corey, the firefighter paramedic, and Captain of his station, had the virus!!
    [​IMG]

He waited to tell me till he knew he was going to be OK, to protect me, because he knew I'd be on the first plane out to CA to be with him!
    He felt off for a day, next day he had a headache. He was at the fire station so he just hung there till the next day, had a fever and turned himself in to their medic. He was tested and it was positive. He went home, quarantined himself in the lower level of his house, and 5 days in lost his taste and smell. It slowly started to come back after several days, fever went away, and he felt totally fine. He built a retaining wall in his backyard while he was convalescing, that's how little it affected him!

I am so relieved that he's OK, even though when he FaceTimed me to tell me, I cried for 5 minutes straight, which he expected. He even told his kids "Grams is gonna freak out, she'll cry, just let her and she'll be OK after a while." Which is exactly what happened. I cried for about 5 minutes, and he just sat there and soothed me till I got past it, and I could hear the kids in the background saying "Dad you were right she did freak out/OMG she's still crying?/is she OK/it's OK Grams" etc.

So glad he's OK, trying to not ramp up my anxiety with all the What If's.

S-H and Cayuga Morning like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Hi Ronni,
    I am very glad your son has come through it fine. This virus is pretty scary and unpredictable. I take it he is young and healthy but you never know. I am so glad he is fine.
    Now let's hope that he will have some immunity to protect him. If he does, that will be a good thing that has come from this situation.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
    Ronni and S-H like this.
  4. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Glad he is fine. :smt023

Over here also, the curve is now flattening. They are saying that over 80% of the people infected in the southern half of Pakistan are now completely cured.

Of course, those who are now cured, have to donate their blood, (it's mandatory here). As their blood plasma contains antibodies. Which helps others, specially those who are critical, to fight off the virus.

There also talk over here, about the military creating a new medal. Which will be given to all doctors, nurses, paramedics, police, firefighters, and all others who ended up contracting this virus in the line of duty.

Because it is now universally excepted, that anyone who gets this and survives - Is a hero by every definition... Please convey this to Corey.

Ronni likes this.
  5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I can see why Corey didn't tell you he had the virus Ronni. He didn't want you to worry about him and try to get to him. He did everything he could to protect you and others until he was free of it. He knows you so well and it shows just how much he loves you to have kept the news from you. Better to cry with relief once it's over!!

Ronni and Cayuga Morning like this.