My first seed order of the season has arrived, anyone else?

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by toni, Jan 29, 2010.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

The first order of seeds arrived today, my fingers are beginning to itch and we are supposed to have ice on the ground in the morning...go figure.

Verbena bonariensis
    Lemon Grass
    Common Valerian
    Valerian 'Arterner Zuchtung'
    Angelica

I have another order coming next week that is mostly veggies.

Anyone else receiving seeds or plants for this new growing season?

Daniel W and Frank like this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Clay_22
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Sjoerd
      Replies:
      Views:

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I'm still nursing my list as everything is still frozen here. It's too cold to start seeds off in the greenhouse and Ian won't let me have tray upon tray of them in the house. :( I suppose I'll just have to be patient for another couple of weeks - if my craving doesn't overtake me before then and I post my orders. ;)

Logan likes this.
  4. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Nothing in yet....I'm not jelous of you though...no, I'm not... I'm really not...not me..... :D

Logan likes this.
  5. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

I haven't ordered but went out and bought Teddy Bear sunflowers, tall red sunflowers, sweet peas and red brussels sprouts "Falstaff". Now all we need is a fresh supply of the yellow and red carrots and we're good to go. As soon as the snow's gone, that is. Whenever that might be. Maybe some time before Easter. Or after. *sigh*

Sjoerd and Logan like this.

Advertisement
  6. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    trying to be good and hold off on the seed buying. Keep going out and looking at the wet, wet soil in the garden....did get a very small (4' tall x 4' wide x2'deep) cold frame size green house to get my plants out of the breeze way and back outside. The several shelves will help save ground space for starting plants. I just have to get it put together, then watch out.

7. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Droopy, do you start yours outside or inside in pots?

Go ahead and order those seeds Eileen, tape the packets to the kitchen window and the pretty plant pictures will make it look like spring outside.

Sjoerd, talk about being jealous. I keep a mental image in my head of your flower garden while I am working outside hoping someday to have mine look like yours.

Jewell, post a photo of your new green house when it is set up. Does it sit on the ground and work like a wood/glass cold frame? I have been thinking about getting hubby to build me one next fall.

8. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Ahh....Toni, ain't you jest thuh sweetest thang. :)
    I went out to the lotties today to feed the birdies and repair the Broccoli nets. Everything was covered with snow and while we had a nice walk back via the harbour, it is now snowing heavily...on top of what was already there.
    --I'm STILL green.

9. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Sjord be very careful you are sounding more like a Texan everyday now.Its habit forming.I'm waiting for you to say your lottie is way down yonder and you will be an official Texan. :D :D I'm green with envy too toni but I have so many seeds already :D :D :D

10. Droopy

Bar potatoes, carrots, peas, nasturtium and calendula we have to start whatever we wish to taste or see blooms on inside. Our growing season is very short and the temps are often pretty low too.

11. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

I had planned to make a cold frame outside today with old windows I have in the garage. But it's snowing! Snowing, snowing and snowing!

I think I am ready to order some seeds... this is all new to me, this seed starting!

12. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

Daisybeans,,, so you mean it is really snowing?? :D :p ;)

I have a few seeds that I have traded for stickers...Red Hot Poker, Ebony Pin Cushion, Giant Pink and White Dahlia, Large Purple Dahlia and Large Allium, Red Star Hibiscus, Yellow Hibiscus, and Hibiscus Mix Tropical Hardy. We will see what happens. I too haven't done the seed thingy before. :-| And waiting to see what becomes of all my Daylillies that I bought last year. Hope they didn't freeze to death!

Glenda I was thinking the same thing about Sjoerd. I'll bet if we heard him he would sound just like one of us!!!! :p

13. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

Yup! Snowing very hard. We have several inches. Supposed to snow for another several hours. We almost always get a snow storm in February. A day early this year.

14. Droopy

Well, DB, you and me alike then. I can't even see anything green on ground level, and probably won't for weeks. :(

As for starting seeds indoors, I usually kill most of the poor babies, so I try to sow as little as possible.

15. Clay_22

Clay_22 In Flower

Everything has arrived just got a notification my MI Gardener order is home waiting for me. Seed n Such was the quickest. Baker Creek was fast . Pine Tree and MI Gardener took longer

16. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

All 3 of my seed orders have arrived and I'm waiting (no so) patiently for spring!

Logan likes this.