My junque closet almost looks like this

Discussion in 'Garden Junk' started by toni, May 5, 2016.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

stratsmom likes this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. toni
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. toni
      Replies:
      Views:

3. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Toni, why would you feel bad about your collecting habits? You take something that might end up thrown away, make something interesting and innovative out of it, and decorate your home or your garden. There are some of us (ahem:smt105) who wish we had that talent. Since we don't we enjoy seeing what your eye can see that ours can't.

stratsmom likes this.
  4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Much of what this lady has in her shed I either now have or have had in my closet or the back room.....some of the items in multiplies, I usually don't get just one of anything that looks even remotely useful. And I have decided that the next twin or double size old metal bed springs I find will be coming home with me.

In her later years my Mom collected decorated cans, we could always tell how much candy and popcorn she had eaten since our last visit by the new cans on the shelves.

My Dad collected Pringles cans, staplers and Schwans food boxes.....but that was in the early stages of Alzheimers.

My floors collect dust bunnies and the furniture collects cat hair.

Now I collect junque. Kind of makes me wonder what my collecting habits will be in about 20 years. :worried:

Last edited: May 5, 2016
    stratsmom likes this.
  5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

"Now I collect junque. Kind of makes me wonder what my collecting habits will be in about 20 years. :worried:" Even more exciting and useful Toni!! You certainly deserve your title of 'Queen of Junque.' :) I'd love to see the ideas you and Julie would come up with if you ever met up.

6. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

Oh Toni I wish you could have been here Thursday! I took the day off to go to a "Junque" sale a buddy of mine was having. You would have loved it! I got a few things, not much because the girls in front of me were buying EVERYTHING!!! Kind of rude if you ask me :rolleyes: If I ever figure out how to post pictures again I'll show you my crunched little milk can/planter