My Maryland snow saga continues...

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by daisybeans, Feb 8, 2010.

1. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

I like that idea too, Eileen.

2. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good neighbours are a delight! We've got those too, and take good care of them. I hope you'll get oil really quickly and find out what happened to your last delivery. It sounds like somebody's made a huge mistake.

3. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

BIG mistake! :twisted: That is horrible...your oil goes in a tank, right? So someone could have syphoned it out! Ye gads! Or did they just not fill your tank. I hope you can figure it out. And I think Eileen has the right idea...that you get filled for free this time. I know it is not cheap.

But on the brighter side...you haven't suffered and are physically able to take care of things. I am sure there are others who have oil,but are suffering in many ways. I am still thinking about you and are concerned for a dear friend.

4. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

My sentiments exactly KG and Droopy. I'm cold but safe and laden with friends.

Re: the oil, though... I dislike these kinds of sticky situations because of course the company is saying they delivered it and expect me to pay for it, but where is it?

Advertisement
  5. drissel122

drissel122 In Flower

My yard looks a lot like yours Daisybeans...Southern NJ...did you hear??? Monday...hate to even say the word...SNOW...in the forecast. Yikes!!!

6. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

I have heard the news about Monday, Drissel. Gives me a bit of a queasy feeling... How about you? But it's only supposed to be 6-10 inches. We can handle that much!

7. drissel122

drissel122 In Flower

Six to eight inches used to be considered major around here...hah!!! It will seem like a piece of cake now.

8. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

All right everyone... Here is the final chapter to my snow story... At least I hope so. Drissel reminded me that they are calling for another snow on Monday, but I'm thinking if we just ignore it, it will go away.... (shhhhh).

All's well that ends well. The oil dude came with his truck and filled up my tank. I can't prove they made a "mistake" with the last delivery, but will watch more carefully from here on out. I think people are good-hearted and honest for the most part, and I've done business with this company for a long time, so I'm going to think the best. Even though he did seem kinda nervous to me.

I have new and improved Habitrails -- double wide this time -- thanks to my friend and neighbor Mark. The roads look great. I think we've all done a super job of weathering the storm. Whew.

I'm tired of taking pictures of snow. You're probably tired of looking at them. But here are just a couple more to finish the story.

[​IMG]
    Task at hand this morning. ( photo / image / picture from daisybeans's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Friend Mark -- a real snow angel! ( photo / image / picture from daisybeans's Garden )

[​IMG]
    ( photo / image / picture from daisybeans's Garden )

[​IMG]
    New and improved habitrail. ( photo / image / picture from daisybeans's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Snow cat!!! ( photo / image / picture from daisybeans's Garden )

Can I just point out one thing about Austin? See the chain link fence in the previous picture (which is standard fence height, by the way... snow is about 4 feet deep there). Austin walked over the snow by the garage, ACROSS the top of the fence (like a balance beam) meowing the whole time, then jumped into the snow that was as deep as his neck and "swam" out of it to walk back across to me... It was the funniest thing to watch.

[​IMG]
    ( photo / image / picture from daisybeans's Garden )

Whew.

From my heart to yours, thanks for the encouragement. You're the best, Garden Stew Friends!!

Stay warm everyone!

9. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

Mark is a sweetie isn't he? Looks like you two did a good job. Is that your car? Blended right in with the snow. :p Yes let's all be quite about the prediction and maybe it will just go in another direction.

Thanks for all the pictures (and no I am not tired of them) and keeping us updated. Glad the oil dude got there. Now you don't have that worry.

You, stay warm.

10. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

What a good bunch of sunny foto's. It is plain to see that you guys did quite a bit of work. Congrats.

That cat of yours is something else.

11. blackrose

blackrose In Flower

I'm glad I don't have to shovel snow like you did but all the snow on the pictures looks magical!

12. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

That's SO much snow. Never seen that much in my life. Austin seems to be having a great time DB :)

13. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Mark's a looker! :p I'd love to have someone like him helping me out. Shoot, I'd probably heat away all the snow by my lonesome self. :oops: Best you keep him there I think.

That cat is priceless. :D He's really loving that snow of yours. Ours can barely be bothered to go outside.

Frank, you're very welcome to visit if it's snow you want. There will be plenty on the mountain roads for a long time to come yet. :D

14. gfreiherr

gfreiherr Young Pine

Enjoyed your updated photos. Glad your saga is coming to an end and all is well. It is always amazing when the sun comes out after a storm. Our last day of sunshine was after our snow & ice storm a few weeks ago.

15. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

Haha! Droopy you're a hoot. Yes, Mark is cute, but he's more like a brother and we fuss with one another like siblings too. He has been a great friend for many years. We went to elementary school together. He and his friends used to tease us girls until we couldn't stand them, chased us on their bikes, ran through our jump rope games. Luckily he grew out of that! He's done so many nice things for me I couldn't begin to count. It will make him feel good to know you think he's cute.

Gail -- hope you get some sun soooon!! Sounds like you might get some snow first, though!