My railway garden photos...

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by devonpete, Jun 18, 2019.

1. devonpete

devonpete Seedling

Having sorted out an alternative way to edit some of my photos, here are a few to show what I've been up to these last few years...

devonpete 1.jpg The visitor's entrance

devonpete 2.jpg Bridge over the 'duck pond' (no toll requested!) to viewing area. The plastic duck actually works to deter herons and seagulls from snaffling my goldfish.

devonpete 3.jpg The quiet corner for contemplation and an evening g & t.

devonpete 4.jpg
    A step down and 'duckunder' allows access to the inside operating area of the railway. This does flood a bit when we get a really long terrential downpour, and wellies are then required for a while.

devonpete 6.jpg The railway is to chunky 1/19th scale and uses both live steam and battery power. There are three stations. use of artificial grass helps to green things up nicely.

devonpete 7.jpg My Darjeeling train crosses the garden in front of the main viewing area.

devonpete 8.jpg A slate train makes its way towards Strawberry Hill station. All the stone effect model buildings on my railway are of cement and built using my 'JigStones' self cast modelling method.

devonpete 9.jpg
    Manorton station road crossing. The driver has nipped out to bag a rabbit.

And here's an earlier view of one of my steam locos journeying around the layout...

Jewell, Frank, eileen and 3 others like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Dirtmechanic

Dirtmechanic Young Pine

That is so cool! Its a true labor of love! I would love to see the video but it says it is disabled?

4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Just click on the "watch this video on Youtube' link provided Dirtmechanic
    Your garden and train yard is amazing Pete! You sure have been busy!

5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Now that's what I call a layout Pete. Those eleven years didn't go to waste did they? I must show them to my eldest son who is also a railway fanatic.