My visit to the "No Kill" animal shelter

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Canadian Chelsea, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Gardengirl

Gardengirl Young Pine

Oh CC what a beauty Oliver is. Lovely markings and he looks really cuddley. It must have been heart breaking for you to wander round with all those little ones longing for a home. How difficult for you but it looks as if you have made the right choice with Oliver.

2. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Oh Lynn, he's so cute!!

3. Canadian Chelsea

Canadian Chelsea In Flower

Oliver

Penny, you should come over here for a visit with Oliver. He would love to play fetch with you. :stew2:

[​IMG]
    Playing with a bow ( photo / image / picture from Canadian Chelsea's Garden )

and he sure can mess up the house with his antics

[​IMG]
    Check out the looooong tail ! ( photo / image / picture from Canadian Chelsea's Garden )

4. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

He is a beauty, thanks for donating you time to the shelter and adopting Oliver. I have 20 castaways that live here, all spayed and neutered of course.

Advertisement
  5. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Absolutely i will.....maybe next week we can get together for coffee.

6. Canadian Chelsea

Canadian Chelsea In Flower

Cajunbelle, you have 20 cats! :eek:

Wow, good for you girlfriend. :stew2: If I had my way, I would have a lot more cats too.
    Do you have a big house to keep them all happy?

Today while I was visiting the shelter, a lady came by looking to adopt a cat. Her cat passed away a short while back and when she said her cat was 27 years old, everyone at the shelter including me were shocked. That sure is a long life for a cat.

Seeing I am a Maine Coon advocate, there is a female Maine Coon named Marnie at the shelter so I went and got her to show her off to the lady. Marnie was quite charming rubbing and purring up against the womans' hands and face.

Marnie looks a lot like Oliver and is just as sweet. Unfortunately, I had to leave before the lady picked out her cat. I sure hope it will be Marnie!

7. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

He is gorgeous...I had a cat that used to like to eat the string ribbon...I didn't find this out until she got sick . I guess the ribbon can sit in them for a long time. I knew a cat that used to fetch a plastic wrapper....mine loves the laser...in fact she stares at me and if I move my hand anywhere close to it she gets real excited.

8. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

Speaking of cats and ribbons.... I too had a cat (Lilly) who ate string ribbons.... UGH! Had to keep things like that away from her all the time.... Thankfully nothing made her too sick before I figured it out. Cats, right?

9. rococo

rococo New Seed

Wow i'm so envious of you right now! I love cats and Oliver looks gourgeous. I really want to get a cat, although i don't think i'm home enough and it just wouldn't be fair to the cat.