Need Help logging onto GardenStew automatically

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Comments / Help' started by Sherry8, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

I come back here on a link and then I have to sign in to post again and now I can't find organic gardening. I have had problems with other areas too...couldn't it be made so we are brought back to where we want to post? I have looked all over and I don't see a heading for organic gardening where I had posted before and want to post again...

anyone else having problems being side tracked when you sign in when you come on the site in a link? I hope you understand my problem.

2. Loading...

3. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

I just found it in Gardening other...but I do have trouble replying to posts when it brings me in on a link and I sign in and then I have to search all over into what or where I find the post.

4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Sherry, do you have cookies enabled? If you do then you will not have to sign in everytime you come on the forums and clicking on the link you receive in your email will take you directly to that topic.

Be sure the "Sign me in automatically each visit" box is checked, that gets you here without the sign in process too.

5. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

Another time when I wanted to reply was when I would get some pictures that Kildale had posted and it brought me here just fine but once I signed in...I couldn't find them right away so I just gave up on posting a reply on how beautiful they were. It takes so much time when this happens and sometimes I don't have enough time to hunt all over.

Advertisement
  6. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

toni...I don't have to sign in at a couple other gardening sites...so I think I do have it enabled. As for the box, I will make sure it is checked.

Thank you...

7. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

I just signed in and out and back in and I checked the box but when I came on again, it didn't remember me...How do I enable it for this site? I can wait for Frank to come back if you want...I just couldn't figure out why it was doing that to me.
    Thank you

8. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Frank should be on shortly, it might be a bug that he can find or something in your settings.

9. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

It still doesn't work with checking that box and I added Garden stew.com to the area that says allow cookies...but the other site that recognizes me every time I come on isn't even on there. I do have AVG security on the new computer...but I have had this for a while now.

I even tried coming in through Internet explorer and it doesn't work there either.

10. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

If you check the box then don't log out but just leave, will you be logged in when you visit again?

11. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

I don't log out? I will give it a try...with the box checked already...

Thank you..

12. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

It worked...thank you. I have been signing out all the time but after thinking about it, I never sign out on the other site either... I really appreciate it...Now to break the habit of signing out...

13. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

The "Remember Me" box allows you to never log out. I can't remember that last time I logged out of the Stew.

14. fish_4_all

fish_4_all In Flower

What anti virus program are you using? Different programs have different levels of protection and will delete different cookies from different sites differently, if that made a lick of sense.

I have 3 sites I always had to log into regardless of what I did. I finally found a section on my anti virus software that allowed me to authorize second party cooking for those sites and the problem went away.

This site may be affected differently than your other sites due to 1 of 10,000 different factors and any one of them that your antivirus/spyware/other programs catches will cause you to have to log in until you find the right authorization to fix it.

Oh, and if your antivirus updates it can cause it to happen again and you may have to reauthorize. Also, you don't need to scan and delete cookies every day, I have mine set for once a week and it deletes them all so I have to log into all of my sites once a week.