need help with printer

Discussion in 'Computer and Internet' started by sewNsow, Oct 29, 2012.

1. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

PC was wiped clean. Windows reinstalled.It works like new.Now what do I do about my printer? It is still plugged in & I haven't touched it.It is an Epson Stylus NX330,Small-In-One.It is designed to not need to be hooked to PC but I run it from my desktop computer.I hooked it up before but I do not remember a thing about it (memory loss).
    I was going to get a new printer & start fresh but for the little printing & scanning I do I think it would be silly to get a new one.
    I have a software disc that came with it.Would I have had to use that?
    Guess what I want to know is if I completely unhook it & take out ink & pretend I just got it?
    sNs

2. Loading...

3. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

I'm pretty sure you need to use that disk to load the printer software/driver.

4. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

I look up the installation manual of your Epson Stylus NX330 and it is not the usual method of installing a printer to your pc because the printer is a wireless type. Not to worry, I believe you can install it by following the instructions from the manual. To access the manual on line go to this link: http://www.manualowl.com/p/Epson/Stylus ... ual/151552

This is the page after you click on the link
    [​IMG]
    Epson ( photo / image / picture from KK Ng's Garden )

From here click on the "Start Here" for the printer installation procedure and you'll be printing again.
    :)

Henry Johnson likes this.
  5. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Thanks KK,Even if it is a "Stand Alone" it can be hooked up to PC.It is still hooked up.But I want to know if I should unhook everything & take out ink & start like I just brought it home.
    I have the little book & start up guide sheet &software disc.
    I will tackle this later.
    I might have a question or 2 when I proceed.
    sNs

Advertisement
  6. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

From what I read, number 6 - Install Software, the printer must not be connected to your pc so please unhook it. Now you can insert the disc into the DVD/CD drive and install the printer's software. You will be prompted to choose how you would like to connect the printer to your pc while installing the software. Since you were using the cable choose "Direct USB Connection" and not "Wireless Connection". You can now connect the printer to the pc with the cable. The power of the printer must be on after the connection is made and keeping my fingers crossed, you should be able to get your printer working again.

If you feel more comfortable starting from the time you brought it home, by all means do so .... I always like to do things that I felt most comfortable.
    :)

7. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Hi KK,Actually I didn't have to do much at all.I just turned printer on & & the boopa boop sound was made & it flashed on my pc screen to put in disc.I haven't used it but it says it is ready.Drivers updated ,etc.
    I have had some greenhouse & garden work to do & haven't played with computer & printer.I might have some questions as I had trouble with this printer when I last used it.I would go to print something & it wouldn't recognize new orders but would print several copies of previous job.It wasted so much ink I was waiting for an out of ink message & of course I got the "out of paper" message.
    Thanks,
    sNs