Negotiations

Discussion in 'Pets' started by marlingardener, Jun 11, 2023.

1. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

How to negotiate with your cat:
    Give the cat anything it wants.
    Negotiation over.

Believe me, it works!

2. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

You can't Negotiate with a cat.

3. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Logan, I beg to disagree. One can negotiate, but one will lose every time!:sete_014:

4. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Negotiating? I call it bribing… food usually works… even with feral cats….ever tried to herd cats… set up a food station..
    It’s like trying to catch the horses when I need to saddle them up. They see me coming with the rope and they run like crazy. But… negotiating or bribing … using a simple peanut butter pretzel they will stand on their heads for there fav snack.

Netty, eileen, Sjoerd and 2 others like this.

Advertisement
  5. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Negotiating with Timi is going well, for her. She has taken to sleeping in the dining room on an early 19th century chair. It's cooler than an upholstered chair, and close to the kitchen in case anything interesting to a cat is going on.
    dining room Timi.jpg

Pacnorwest, Logan and Sjoerd like this.
  6. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

The cat is lovely to see and to hear that the negotiating is going well…for her. Wot’s new.
    Yes, all well and good, but the chair…the chair. Tell me about it.

7. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Sjoerd, so glad you asked! I was hoping to talk about our stenciled chairs. In the early Victorian era, about 1840 and slightly later, decorated furniture came into fashion. The chairs were painted to resemble rosewood (expensive then and now) and then stenciled with bronze powders. I learned how to stencil, and bought beat-up chairs and restored them. By dampening a cloth I could bring up much of the original stencil and reproduce it. Then I'd touch up the paint and re-stencil. I enjoyed bringing the chairs back although they had no value as antiques after I had restored them. We never bought antique furniture nor art as an investment, but simply because we liked it.
    We have six dining room chairs, two "country" stenciled chairs (simple stencils with more color to the patterns), and two pillow back chairs which have a "pillow" on the upper back. And that long explanation will probably make you sorry you asked!:setc_075:

Pacnorwest and Logan like this.
  8. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Marlingardener, she's a lovely looking cat and the chair is lovely as well. Well done you on restoring the chairs, they're great.

Pacnorwest and marlingardener like this.
  9. Clay_22

Clay_22 Young Pine

Very funny

Pacnorwest likes this.
  10. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Ha ha ha… helemáál niet, as we would say. Not at all sorry. That was quite interesting, that stencil work. I know nothing at all about that, so the informative posting was very interesting to me.

Was your work a hobby for yourself, or were you able to earn money with it? That chair looks so good, that I can imagine what you would have customers lined up for your re-done pieces.

You are a person of many talents.

Pacnorwest likes this.