New Garden Junk..or old stuff as garden junk - two new pics

Discussion in 'Garden Junk' started by toni, Sep 25, 2012.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I had a list of things in my mind that I hoped to find last weekend and other than an old, old dresser that I could use to plant in, I believe I found what I was looking for.

I saw this idea online somewhere....instead of having a wreath on the door for holidays, use an old frame and hang holiday decorations inside.
    [​IMG]
    Old frame ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

Last Fall I rescued several pots of mini Roses from the floral department at Kroger...99 cents so I bought the last 6 they had. Two didn't make it through the summer but the others repotted and placed in their new home will be cute.
    [​IMG]
    Flower Bed ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

Don't know where it will go or how it will be used but I had to have it.
    [​IMG]
    16 inch wheel with chain ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

I am going to use these two pails, another two I already have and a round tub to make a tipsy pot planter. The buckets will hold more soil therefore more water and the plants can be larger than the last tipsy pot planter I made.
    [​IMG]
    Old pails ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

I have been wanting one of these and found one at a reasonable price. The green zip tie is only there because the other hanging hook is still in the tool box on the truck.
    I plan on hiding that base with mulch and maybe a ground cover planted in the top of the car wheel and the pot needs to be raised up to about the middle of the hoop and I am thinking a hunk of Spiderwort planted in it.
    [​IMG]
    Planter ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

Oh, yeah, there was a 7 foot tall, really pretty steeple I wanted but the one with the muscles on this trip wouldn't even consider trying to put it in the truck. :rolleyes:

stratsmom and Jewell like this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. toni
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. toni
      Replies:
      Views:

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I'm so glad you managed to find everything you wanted Toni. I look forward to seeing everything in your garden all planted up.

4. toni

Ooops, I found two rake heads and a wrought iron gate I forgot to take photos of.

The gate will be a trellis, somewhere. I want to find a location to use this one and a green one I bought a few weeks ago for growing Lathyrus odoratus next spring.
    [​IMG]
    Gate ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

And the fork heads will either become part of the path border or hose guards with some sort of pretty covering up the sharp pointy ends.
    [​IMG]
    Rake heads ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )
    I have a couple of rake heads that I was thinking about when I was putting the name on these and failed to proof read!! :rolleyes: So that should read Digging Fork heads

Frank and Theodoros like this.
  5. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Great finds... as usual!
    Can't wait to see that frame all decorated for the holidays.
    And the "bed" is too cute and will even cuter with bright cheery flowers.
    I don't think I could have passed that wheel up either. All sorts of ideas come to mind. I'm sure you'll find a clever use for it.
    Pails for tipsy pots! DUH! why didn't I think of that! LOL
    And that last planter... that might have to be my favorite... so many possibilities.
    I would love to find a few of those gates! And I like your idea of the rake heads for hose guides.

You did good Toni! Be sure you show them to us when they get all situated.
    Now I've "junk fever" :stew2:

Advertisement
  6. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Toni ,I totally love your finds.Those buckets will make great tipsy pots.You are right we need bigger things for tipsys.I didn't use mine this year. It would have been a chore to keep watered.Selecting the right plants can make a success too.There are some succulents I want to collect.

sewNsow

7. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

Can't wait to see finished products. Going to have to find me a yard sale like that.

8. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

I also got some nice things at garage sale metal tractor seat, Barn door. and rinse wash tub. :rolleyes: Dh rolls his eyes. Got door to be front of new out house.

9. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Re: New Garden Junk..or old stuff as garden junk - two new

I have 3 over 100 year old in perfect condition that you surely gave me a good idea about. Next weekends project. Thanks.

Barb in Pa.

Theodoros likes this.
  10. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Toni, Those rakes are actually digging forks. If you had someone put a handle on each one you could dig lots and lots of potatoes with those.

11. toni

I realized I had misnamed them a few days ago and have just been forgetting to change that.
    I have a wonderful digging fork that I used to dig up the entire backyard, it has thicker tines to get through out hard black clay. But these will be decorations.

12. AAnightowl

AAnightowl Young Pine

Cool stuff Toni ! I need to get out and take pics of my garden junque... I love it.