New squash and tomato farmer! Looking for advice

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by Shoobiefarmess, Jun 30, 2020 at 11:43 PM.

1. Shoobiefarmess

Shoobiefarmess New Seed

Hi! I'd love advice on creating a lush summer garden. Right now my seedlings are potted. I'm about to get more space and will be moving them but unsure into what. My zucchini and acorn squash are blooming beautifully but I do have some yellow leaves and others that are greying and shriveling.

My kale is a feast to some caterpillars. I've been removing eggs by hand but I'm sure there's a better solution.

My cherry tomatoes probably need something to climb. I see some flowers but also some yellow Leaves.

My eggplant are slower growers ‍♂️ pictures in this album https://photos.app.goo.gl/f73juQyfEXGq1c6w8

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020 at 11:56 PM
  2. Loading...

3. mart

mart Hardy Maple

Hi there and welcome to the group ! Lets just take one plant at a time ! Can you post the squash/zucchini pics here ?

4. Shoobiefarmess

Shoobiefarmess New Seed

Thank you! Happy to be here! Hahah good idea here we go:

Attached Files:

5. mart

mart Hardy Maple

Ok,, Looking at the third pic,, it is not summer squash ! What variety is it ? And need to know how big your pots are ? Squash are heavy rooted and usually do not do well in pots ! If yours are runners it may take more feeding than you are doing at present ! As to the bugs and other creepies,, are you trying to do this garden organically ? Or do you like to eat ?

Advertisement
  6. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

I agree with Mart, those pots look way too small for growing veggies. Do you have any contractor buckets you can drill holes in? Or giant patio pots?

7. Odif

Odif Young Pine

Plant your veggies directly into the ground if you can. It is time to give the roots more space.

Cayuga Morning likes this.