Nibblers' Story

Discussion in 'Pets' started by cajunbelle, Jun 12, 2006.

1. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

Before getting her really good new job my oldest daughter worked in the garden center at WalMart for 2 years. One of the older guys there had a dog who had a litter of pups. He had one left and told her he would have to drop it off if someone didn't take it. Of course that was just to get her to say yes, after I had already said NO!!!!!!!!!! Well we ended up with this:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    AAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!! Cute you say. Well after the skirting being torn from both sofa and loveseat, several holes the size of large pancakes in the carpet, hundreds of $'s of shoes, belts, clothes and other things being chewed up, plus the general paper shredding and such he has turned into this:
    [​IMG]
    The dog I love to hate. No he doesn't stay on a run all the time, in fact now that it is hot he only stays long enough do his potty and get a little excercise. I have just never had to deal with such a hardheaded dog. He is evil!!!!!!!

2. Loading...

3. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

Nibbler sounds like an appropriate name! (sort of like puppies named "Puddles")

You do have to admit he's a nice looking dog, at least he's not "evil" AND ugly...

4. jubabe296

jubabe296 Official Garden Fairy

Awwwww! I hope he doesn't chew everything still!! I hate the puppy chewing stage nothing is safe!!!!!!

5. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

Yes, he is a nice looking dog, but I just can't warm up to him. He is toooooooo bad.And he is so goofy, when it rains he tries to catch crawfish in the puddles, and it confuses him greatly when they pinch his nose. That is what he is trying to do in his grown-up picture.

Advertisement
  6. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

I'm sorry Sharon I don't believe that can be evil :D That photo is hilarious! Thanks for the laugh.

7. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Tis site to behold ,and just to dang
    funny for words .

8. Pinkiered

Pinkiered The Rose Queen

I really hate the chewing stages too! We had a rescue dog, Yoyo, at our house out in CA to foster. This guy was 9 months old and already 190. He was part Bull Mastif and part pit bull. He thought he was a lap dog! HA! But he was still in his chew stage and he chewed a hole in our wooden fence! Someone tried to fight him as a pitbull but his personaitly was all Bull Mastif, which a pussycat in a mean liking body. He didnt have a mean bone in him. But he chewed his way through my house until I had no choice but to take him to another foster.

Love the pics! Arent they the cutest at that age??

9. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Lovely photographs but oh, sadly, how they can lie. :(

Our Great Dane, Amber, was a real beauty but the damage she did was unbelievable. :eek: You certainly have my sympathy as I know just what you're going through. Amber never did grow out of the habit of chewing completely which was a real problem because being such a big dog she caused sooooo much damage. No amount of training ever stopped her and we had to eventually (when she was six years old) ring her breeder and take her back. We'd just laid a new carpet in the living room and went into the back garden to do a bit of weeding. Ten minutes later we looked through the patio doors and there she was clawing it up and tearing it to shreds. I'm afraid, much as we loved her, that was the last straw. :-x

10. reggaefan

reggaefan Official Poet Laureate

Sharon lies about our beautiful wonderful nibbler, he is only mildly retarded and mischevious. She only likes tailess black cats. ( i am only joking) However how can you look at that puppy picture and think he could be bad.