No sound coming from computer

Discussion in 'Computer and Internet' started by i love bugs, May 5, 2006.

1. jbaby7162000

jbaby7162000 New Seed

thanks for the reply the message said there is no mixer devices installed,how do i install it...thanks

2. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Jojo this sounds like you have no sound drivers installed. Sound drivers are little pieces of software on your computer that enable your sound hardware to play sounds through Windows.

I advise running the Sound Troubleshooter contained within Windows. To run it do this:

1. Click Start, and then click Help and Support.
    2. Under Pick a Help Topic, click Fixing a problem.
    3. In the left pane, click Games, sound, and video problems.
    4. In the right pane, click Sound Troubleshooter.

I got the above steps from this page which may help you also http://support.microsoft.com/default.as ... US;q307918

Explore the options in the Sound Troubleshooter and you may find the answer. My guess the answer will be to install the sound drivers that are probably on a you disc you received with your computer.

Hope this helps. Get back to me with further questions ;)

3. Jake26

Jake26 New Seed

Hi there, I am also having problems with my sound. Until recently it was working fine with music and games. Then suddenly it just quit working. I checked all of the volume controls and everything is fine and nothing is muted. I'm not sure what sound card I have I did some looking and I found something called SB live and I was wondering if that was it. Also noticed that I had a question mark with a little black exclamation beside it on my PCI card tab and I noticed that the pci is directly involved with the bus and I was wondering if maybe that was the problem? If you have any ideas or suggestions, please help! Thanks, Jake

4. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Advertisement
  5. SusieQ

SusieQ Seedling

no sound...

When your in devise mgr. remove it/ delete do a shut down, it will put the devise back in and be working, it will say new hardware found etc. upon start-up