Odd Shots.

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Philip Nulty, May 23, 2011.

1. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Hi Carolyn,
    we have great scenery here but i seldom get visitors ,..even when i offered to pay for accommodation,..i always end up visiting others,..maybe they are scared of going out in the boat, :rolleyes:

2. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Philip... maybe you've just been asking the wrong people? ;)

3. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

At one stage i made an offer in a forum i was a member of for about two years,..free holiday accommodation,..AND flight,..no takers,..everyone wanted to come visit but had no time,..couldn't get away,..a partner could not get time off,..it was unbelievable,..though in the third year i made the same offer but to go to Spain that trip,..i managed to get four people this time,..three from the USA and one from England.

4. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

stratsmom and donm like this.

Advertisement
  5. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Ahhh, free everything, and I still don't think I could go. :( :rolleyes: My Kevin would LOVE to travel and I am such a homebody...but maybe eventually when the kids aren't at home and we wouldn't have to take them some place they don't want to go, We could go somewhere. He so wants to visit eastern Europe for some family and church history. ME? look at a book and stay home :rolleyes:

6. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Those are gorgeous photos Philip, especially that first one. Looks like a picture puzzle!
    But wait... there's something missing.
    :headscratch:
    Where's Molly? :-D

7. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Philip looks like fun. I to love exploring old historical places. That one birds nest made me laugh with what every those begging baby birds beaks where made out of. Would love to have that old bath tub in my garden. Very neat photo's like others have said. We also have a lot of wild apple trees on our propery which I make apple sauce and apple crisp out of. Then I freeze a bunch of cut of apples to us threw out the winter. You apple tart sounds Yummy. :stew1:

8. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Hi Carolyn,
    i was amazed at how many people were committed to one thing or another that prevented them from traveling,..and of course only the two from Europe had passports for a start,..i tend to think people can go at the drop of a hat,..like me,..lol.

=====================================================

Hi Cheryl,
    that first picture was taken outside my friend Dave's house,..i made up a Photo Story some time back and only this week changed the background music,..i attached the link below.

Oh Molly missing from those pictures,..she always sticks her nose in someplace,..so i will include a picture of her below.

Video===Dave's Garden.

====================================================

Hi Tooty2shoes,
    you surely had a good visit to this thread,..thank you for that,..lol at you commenting on the birds nest,..nobody else paid any heed,..the birds are made from pottery clay and the nest of coconut fiber,..i was on holiday in Spain and remarked to a friend that i thought it was very cute,..they bought it for me as a thank you present.

I have had many an apple tart made from apples i picked in that orchard on the island,..very tasty,..and the cast iron pot will be collected for my garden when i visit the island,..soon,..you have me thinking about that old bath tub as well.

You mentioned you like visiting old historical places,..well likewise,..i spent 10 days in Leicestershire... England,..and visited many 15 Century Churches there,..such atmosphere in those old buildings,..and beautiful stonework as well,..you can see in the link below.

Video==Churches From 15 Century,..Leicestershire,..England.

Video==Flowers and Gardens,.Leicestershire,..England.

====================================================

[​IMG]
    ( photo / image / picture from Philip Nulty's Garden )

9. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

OH YEAH...the passport. that's something I would need to get and it might take a month and it's like $100.00 just on the off chance of leaving the country. :rolleyes: I'll let you know when we have ours and are ready to drop in on you, OK?

10. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Hi Carolyn,
    its cheaper in Indiana,..lol,..i got an American Passport within one week for $71,..but come to think,..that was in 2009 prices have gone up in those three years.

Ready to drop in on me,..i better get some home made brown bread in for you, :rolleyes: .

11. White_Wolfe

White_Wolfe Seedling

Hi Phillip,

I'm new here and just wanted to say how much I've enjoyed your pictures. I don't fly.....but if I did Ireland and Australia would be the two places I would visit. My niece is in Ireland now on her honeymoon. Can't wait to see her pics. Of course they took a tour so I'm sure they won't be anywhere near as beautiful as yours.

12. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Hi White_Wolfe,
    welcome to the forum and delighted that you are looking at the Irish pictures,..i bet your niece would have passed my area as she is touring,..we are right in the middle of the country so chances are they would have being close enough to give a shout and be heard.

Soooooo you don't fly,..quite a lot of people i met in forums are likewise,..there was a time i hated flying but now i just shrug it off,..one trip to America entailed 10 flights,..Ireland,Chicago,Indiana,Ohio,Utah,Los Angeles,and then back and forth from Indiana to Utah,each state i mentioned entailed going through Chicago every time,.. depart and return,..i had jet lag when i returned home,..i swore i wouldn't fly again,..lol,..that idea didn't last long.

13. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Philip, the price for a passport has gone up:rolleyes:. It is at least $100.00 now. At least it was last year when one of the boys got theirs to go on a missions trip to Jamaica. So it may be more.

I wasn't sure I would ever fly, either, until some friends gave us a surprise one Sunday morning when we went to their house for breakfast out in Indiana, We took a little 4 seat plane through a field for a runway and landed right back in the same field :eek: I figured if I could do that and thought it was great, I surely should be able to fly in a giant airplane...I haven't yet, though.

14. donna in nc

donna in nc In Flower

oh I am in love I just love old places and old things like the pot tfs

15. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Hi Carolyn,
    there you have it,..price increases,..i should have figured that but ours hadn't changed for years,..i daresay it has now with the recession everywhere.

Well if you have flown in a four seater you would find no problem with a bigger aircraft,..more leg room and very comfortable,..though VERY long journeys are a pain,..oh and some aircraft,..my worst experience was an American Globemaster,..huge aircraft,..it took our armoured cars as well,..that will give you an idea of its size,..from Ireland to Belgrade then on to Cyprus,..six months later the return trip stopped in Naples,Italy.
    =====================================================
    Hi denny's baby,
    you are not alone in liking old things,..ie pots and buildings,..quite a few members are on the list,..
    :rolleyes: ;) .