Oklahoma junque....got some good stuff

Discussion in 'Garden Junk' started by toni, Apr 30, 2016.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

We spent this past week in transit. Hubby had a business meeting in Chicago and since he can no longer fly, he drove and I got to go with him. Two days on the road, making notes of Antique/Junque stores along the way. Wednesday he was at his meeting and I was in the hotel room with HGTV, knitting and a couple of gardening magazines.
    Thurs and Friday were spent junque shopping on the way home.

I love wall hooks (the orangy thing), the black 'scene' will be part of the border for a new bed out back and you just never know when you might need an arrow or two to tell someone where to go. :scheming:
    J.Arrows,hook,scene.JPG
    The three coffee cans have designs printed on them instead of paper labels, they will be hanging on the side of the shed wall as planters soon. The iron bits....I just love rusted iron. The large can is a popcorn can to use as a plant stand in the new bed area. And the little wooden house was just too cute to pass up.
    J.Cans, iron.JPG
    I don't know why but every time I see a mop bucket being used as a planter I get the urge to find one.....now I have one. I will be ordering a Soapwort plant to put in it.
    J.mopbucket.JPG
    This house doesn't open in anyway, it is just an objet d'art

J.house.JPG

And when I started singing "Happy Birthday To Me", Randy knew that his shopping worries were over. It isn't old but made with some old and some oldish wood. I'm thinking, after a good sealing with Spar Varnish, it will hold a potted Fuchsia and a few small pots of ferns in the new bed that is more shade than sun.
    J.Cart.JPG

Also picked up some magazines for cheap and a couple of interesting boards for other projects.

Last edited: May 1, 2016
    Kildale, Droopy, Frank and 1 other person like this.
  2. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Wow those are some great finds. Now thats my kind of trip. Cant wait to see how they look after you have plants in them.

3. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Soapwort? Toni, I love your sense of humor! Those are great finds. You have a rare ability to find the best "junque" and make treasures of it!

Frank likes this.
  4. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

I love the old-time cans and the mop bucket Toni. And your birthday present is the icing on the cake :like: Thanks for sharing your finds with us!

5. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Delightful finds, toni. My favourite is the wheelbarrow. Congratulations!