OMG it's gonna snow, raid the store for bread and milk!!!!

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Ronni, Jan 19, 2019.

1. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

@Cayuga Morning ... The most snow fall that I can remember for our area for sure. if I didn't have the job of shoveling for one of our contracts maybe it wouldn't have been such an overwhelming amount, but I think it was the single largest in recent history. we had about 12" in 12 hours. We had drifting in front of the garage doors that I shovel for about 25 - 30" deep. We don't live in the snow belt which is a bit north east of us as they get lake effect snow (Chardon, OH probably gets the most annually) but this was a huge amount for our area.

2. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

@carolyn you must be really strong. I mean it. To do all that shoveling, you obviously must know how to take care of your back. I only say it because I herniated a disc 4 years ago, shoveling. It has "healed" but of course it will always be my weak spot. I am sure I needn't say this, but will anyway, please be careful of your back! You are such a physically active person, it would be a real bummer if you injured yourself.

Gail-Steman likes this.
  3. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

aww. thanks CM. I appreciate that. I rarely lift a shovel full. I rock the handle over my leg and use my leg as the fulcrum. On a bright note maybe.. the men bought me a snow blower to use now. that snow was awful!

Gail-Steman likes this.
  4. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Oh!! Very cool!!! That is a true gift!!

Gail-Steman and carolyn like this.

Advertisement
  5. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Well the dire awful predictions for Tuesday morning didn't happen. Tuesday dawned bright and clear, though very cold. No snow, no ice, no precipitation of any description.

This morning, not so much. I woke up, wondering why it looked so bright beyond my curtains, because I'd woken at the usual time and typically it's barely dawn outside. Lo and behold, everything was covered with a blanket of snow!! And it was still falling!! So the weather DID arrive....just a day later than predicted!!

Gotta love Mother Nature! :p;)

Gail-Steman likes this.
  6. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Yes I have to agree with this one because once your backs been done in @carolyn you suffer after and you take care also CM :)