On Heaven's Doorstep

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Sjoerd, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Thanks KK--Glad that you enjoyed the posting.

Thanks for those nice words, PHILIP--I am glad that the explanation was clear for you.

Hello DAN--Thanks for commenting, glad you enjoyed the read. Yes, the lump is resolving (rubbing head). Chortle.
    I do not use the same hotels in a chain. There are hotel chains that I prefer, but it all depends upon two things when I bid on the rooms: Where I will be hiking and the price that I can pay for the hotel on which I am bidding. I also try and get rooms that include a brekkie, but that is only a preference, not a determining factor.

Heh heh heh....CHERYL--Thanks for liking the thread. I have already secured some hotel rooms for the future as well as downloaded some hikes. The area is in the area of what we call "de Hoge Veleuwe". This is an area with expanses of heather, dunes and forests and water pools.
    IU have one for up in Drenthe--you recall...where those massive stone grave chambers are?
    There is also a large gardening exposition in a couple of months way down in the south. I shall try and get an inexpensive room near-by with hiking possibilities for the day after.

Thanks for liking the account, VFS.

JERRY-- No mate, I do not know if any segments of the old walls still exist or not, as our tour did not go by any. Having said that. my gut feeling is that there are indeed segments here and there. I made a point of asking the tour guide how wife the walls were. I am afraid that after posing the question twice and hearing two vague answers I can only assume that he did not know. I thought that I read somewhere that they were ~3 meters. I am not at all certain of this though. It is why the "wall dwellings" were always wider than they were deep. I shall be returning to Amersvoort again and will perhaps take another tour (there are different ones) and then maybe I can discover if there are surviving segments. You can be sure that I will post a short thread over it (especially if it is a sunny day).

Thanks so much, BUNKIE.

Cheers KAY-- I am happy that you found the thread interesting. Ethnic restaurants in this country are plentiful. There are a variety in every city here from all over the world. I really like Mexican food. I can never get it like it tasted in Mexico, but there are a couple of restaurants that come close.

Philip Nulty likes this.