One Hit Wonders

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Doghouse Riley, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Young Pine

Discussing these on a music board today I posted this, it got to No 8.here in the UK but didn't chart in the USA.

We saw him in the seventies at the Golden Garter nightclub in Wythenshawe.
    He also recorded the vocal for a Kellogg's cornflake advertisement which was often on TV at the time.
    He also sang it on that occasion!

I remember it being mid summer and the place was really hot, (no aircon)
    He took off his jacket early on, by the end of his set he was soaked to the waist in perspiration.
    I thought he was great and I still like the song (not the Kellogg's one).

He'll be 79 now.

Now it's a hard song to sing, so I don't remember anyone else recording it at the time.

A singer needs to be able cover at least two octaves (many modern singers can't)
    'cept this girl in her bedroom three years ago. She's English, does the Northern Soul venues with her group.

Brilliant!

2. Loading...

3. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Young Pine

Like a lot of tunes I hear from way back when, I like to try to play them on my Tyros 5.
    This one had me stumped a bit. I can usually find the sheet music on-line in "Music Notes," for any popular tune you pay a small fee for it, download it in any key that you like and print it off. But this was a "one hit wonder" from over forty years ago, so not popular and it's not available anywhere.
    So like with other old tunes you have to work it out yourself, so I had a go.

https://app.box.com/s/i9e3szx9kh2fgwnirqtxnflvoj7s3dpy

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020