One of those days.

Discussion in 'Computer and Internet' started by MIKE ALLEN, Jan 18, 2022.

1. MIKE ALLEN

MIKE ALLEN Seedling

So, today was one of those days. Bright and sunny, well the blue sky could be seen for a change. Like a mole I sniffed the air. Cor! *+= that for a lark. It's cold out there and many roofs were still frosted. So this ol' fella decided to stay indoors for the day.
    So on goes the computer. Checked emails, not much doing there, no demands for money. Thankfully I don't owe a penny to anyone.
    Now to order some compost. Sorry Sir. We don't deliver. This went on and on. Wicks system was playing up, chat etc finally, I was advised to check local store. In the end I ordered some from Ireland, it will be here Monday.

Now to order my roses. Computer, Internet. I lost count of the times I typed in the names & prices. Checked the basket, only odd ones were listed. In the end after tea I typed the whole lot out again and sent it as an email/contact request. Oh well, who knows what's next.

Logan, Daniel W and Droopy like this.
  2. mart

mart Strong Ash

Well,, at least you will get it ! Wouldn`t be sure about that here in the US !

Logan and MIKE ALLEN like this.
  3. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

I love all the online possibilities we have these days, but it's extremely annoying when things don't work! I'm glad you found alternatives.

4. MIKE ALLEN

MIKE ALLEN Seedling

Oh well. Another day along with it's problems. For a long time now, I have been searching for two fonts. Copperplate and Palace script. Granddaughter Chloee found them both in version of Word. Chloee is my computer Tec. How did I wish to pay, monthly or in one go. I'll pay in full. So £59.99 went off via PayPal. I get confused now with the internet as my eyesight is playing up, glaucoma. I later took a nosey around my new purchase. Turns out it's 59.99 per year. NO WAY. All attempts at contacting microsoft drove me up the wall. Phone call... I was directed back to the web page, then onto the merry-go-round. I'm convinced all these companies make you confused so that you give up. Finally managed to send a message, now waiting for a reply.

Logan and Pacnorwest like this.

Advertisement
  5. Daniel W

Daniel W Young Pine

Yes they do.
    Sorry for your hassles Mike. I understand the frustration very well.

Logan, MIKE ALLEN and Pacnorwest like this.
  6. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Young Pine

I agree it is confusing. Sometimes updates can change the user experience . I swear my brain cannot make heads or tails of some of this tech stuff . It’s chocked full of this new changes on this or that , up dates or notifications. Generally trying to figure out something on computers is a forced way to learn something new in this changing tech system we are now all subjected to on a daily basis.

Usually I go to Siri or google and ask whatever question I need answers to and specify the answer to be on you tube. At least if it’s a tech issue, gardening, plumbing, changing a tire or whatever, today most of the answers are at our finger tips. Even if the answer provided I need more explanations I am getting better at using the right wording for the answers. One day at a time.