Organic Gardening - The Easy Way

Discussion in 'Organic Gardening' started by shahwon, Jun 7, 2011.

1. shahwon

shahwon New Seed

ORGANIC GARDENING THE EASY WAY

I frequently receive queries from Gardeners
    on various problems and its solution

I will try to give solutions as much as possible.

These are the solutions

First
    Soil pH, Soil Temperature, Moisture %
    Soil Temperature required is 74F to 80F
    Moisture 30%
    Normally fertile soil pH 5.5 to 6.5
    You will need a ph meter which also shows moisture %

This will be the guide for a start

Now which flowers/ vegetables you want to plant
    You should know the ph of particular flower, vegetable
    The details are available on call

Next The roots, are the main point for a plant, if the root is dieased it swollen joints, or the laces are getting black this will indicate that the plant is sick, stun growth, small
    flowers. You do not have to dig out the plant, just dig few inches around the roots and you will be able diagnise it.
    Cure I have tried garlic small pices mixed in the soil was not fully successful, yet it survived Actually lack of phosphourus in the soil, a small percentage could be help full

Pests a long list I will be brief, generally I use Oinion/Garlic Spray it works for almost all pests. Spray under the leaves as well.

Soil is generally infected, heat, moisture assist in its promotion
    So before planting, I place small pieces of Oinoin/ginger 3 inch deep in the soil, and keep the moist for 3 /4 days. This nearly destroys all posibility of pests in the soil.

Seeds I do not sow seeds in pots, or beds. I fear it will be prone to infection.
    It is like a child born under unhygenic condtion will be easily prone to dieases

So I plant seeds on Foam, take dish fill 1/4th water, place foam in it, the sprinkle a few seeds, cover moist mul mul cloth, caperlilary action will place and water will keep the moist. In a few days you will see the sprouts, do not remove it until it has grown has 4 inches. Here is a healthy birth under hygenic condition. In the process it will emit obnoxious smell so keep the under a shade far away
    Now place in the soil you have prepared as mentioned above..

Happy Gardening

eileen and donna in nc like this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. rockhound
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Tooty2shoes
      Replies:
      Views:

3. AAnightowl

AAnightowl Young Pine

Uhmm... I just try not to use chemicals, about 99% of the time.

If it likes 'acid', I try some pine needles or something similar.

I use cardboard, newspaper, and barkchips, horse manure as mulch or amendments...

If it isnt happy in one spot, I try a different spot--I am always rearranging my plants anyway. Babies get shared or moved to a new spot.

If it looks dry, I water it. If it is too wet, I do not water it.

4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I try to buy only plants that are native or very well adapted to our clay soil, dry and hot conditions...less stress on the plants means less chance of them being infected by a fungus or bacteria and that means no chemical remedies needed.
    Having no control over the soil temperature, planting natives is the best way to go for me.
    Also, I do not buy plants that require moist soil for growing. I can't give them enough water to keep them happy so why put myself under that kind of stress. ;)

I tried starting seeds in starter mix but when they are transplanted to our soil, they don't how to survive. So I just stick them in the ground where they are going to grow...if plants re-seed themselves naturally then why not follow Mother Nature's way and skip the middle man.

5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I've been an organic gardener for more than thirty years and don't do anything out of the ordinary with my garden. I've never even done a PH test. I am lucky though in having good soil that is free draining. I mulch with bark chippings if, and when, I think the plants would benefit from it. I add our home-made compost as enrichment now and again and that's about it.
    I always weed by hand and have never used chemicals. I have a variety of native and non native plants, fruit trees and bushes, a pond with wildflowers in and around it as well as some waterlilies.
    I hand pick any pests that I find on my plants but other than that I leave the garden to get on with things in its own way although I do dead head and prune where necessary.
    Over the years Mother Nature has found a natural balance which seems to work well without any real interference from me. :-D

cherylad, KK Ng, AAnightowl and 3 others like this.

Advertisement
  6. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

I'm with Eileen... no extraordinary efforts being organic with the flowers.
    I do use Miracle Gro... maybe 4-5 times a year.
    And twice a year I give them a small dose of SuperThrive (which is a hormone).
    The only spray I use for insects is water with a bit of Dawn dishwashing liquid.
    Only chemical that I spread is Amdro, Spectracide, etc for the fire ants.

donna in nc likes this.
  7. AAnightowl

AAnightowl Young Pine

Shahwon,

I just realized that you are new we did not welcome you to our forums here. My apologies.

Welcome to Garden Stew. :stew1:

donna in nc likes this.
  8. sgmgarden

sgmgarden In Flower

Organic gardening seems to be really popular nowadays. Perhaps more and more people are beginning to see the benefits that it has on the environment and themselves.

donna in nc and oubee like this.
  9. donna in nc

donna in nc In Flower

welcome shahwon always love to have more info

10. AAnightowl

AAnightowl Young Pine

Welcome to Sgmgarden too! glad to meet you. Join right in with everyone. :)

sgmgarden likes this.
  11. sgmgarden

sgmgarden In Flower

Thank you for the warm welcome AAnightowl :) I have posted on quite a few topics now, think I am getting used to it. There are some great topics and questions on here. I look forward to seeing some more.