Our mothers day project

Discussion in 'Hobbies and Crafts' started by tschnath, Jun 13, 2008.

1. tschnath

tschnath In Flower

My 2 lovely DD's and I, made these stepping stones on mothers day this year. I finally got them in my garden and wanted to show them off.

[​IMG]

The shell on this one went "CRUNCH" the first time I stepped on it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Loading...

3. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Those are quite attractive stepping stones there. Of copurse you know what everyone is going to say----"Oh, they're too pretty to walk on". :D
    They'd be right, but on the other hand when they become weathered...they will take on a different kind of charm.
    Nice work, 'T'. :stew2:

4. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Very pretty stepping stones indeed. :D I would probably not manage to step on them, even though that's what they're for. I'm hopeless, I know.

5. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

Those are very nice stepping stones. I'm sure you and your DD's had a nice bonding time working on these, and that is so important. How old are they? ;)

Advertisement
  6. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Oh those look really good!! I'm thinking of putting stepping stones into one of my flower beds to make it easier to reach all the plants to prune them. I like the shape of yours so might try making some. :-D

7. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

How unique and creative tschnath, I really like them. What gave you the inspiration to create them?

8. tschnath

tschnath In Flower

Kuntrygal, my girls are 22 and 4. Yes, that's right. There are 17 years between them. It's been fun. My 22 year old lives in antoher state but close enough to visit regularly. We have fun together all the time.

Frank, the inspiration...well, I needed a few stepping stones and they are not cheap, at least not the ones I found. I ran across these kits and we just decided to make our own. They are more personal this way and I really like that they are so unique.

Sorry, I didn't post this sooner. I've been sick and am just trying to catch up after being off the computer for a week +. And yes, I am feeling better. Nothing serious, just a summer cold but I have asthma and these colds really bring me down.