Our newest edition.

Discussion in 'Pets' started by LilyPlanter77351, Mar 6, 2008.

1. LilyPlanter77351

LilyPlanter77351 Seedling

I was outside making rows this afternoon and James pulled up and told me how pretty I looked today. LOL I knew that something was up but I was almost done with the last row before the rain so I didn't ask questions I just finished up and went inside. He had smuggled this beautiful little thing into the back bathroom and was "getting her pretty" to meet me. This is Grace, our new edition.
    [​IMG]
    How could I say no to that face????? So she made herself right at home.
    [​IMG]

James said someone had left her and 5 others in a box at the trinity river dam at the lake. She was the only one still alive, poor thing. If the face hadn't done it, her story did, James passed the dog catcher on his way out of the parking lot. Now she's happily curled up under Emily's swing full belly and sound asleep.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Ronni
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. toni
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Such a heart-wrenching story! I'm sooo glad you've got a soft-hearted husband. May she give you lots of joy and pleasure.

4. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

What a horrible ordeal for her. Do you have other dogs? If so, please vet her before exposing them to her.I am speaking from experience. She may have something wrong with her and could pass it on to the others.

5. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Ohhhhhhy how sad .I'm glad your James has a big heart.She really is a cutie.Her name really fits her.By the Grace of God the right person found her.

Advertisement
  6. LilyPlanter77351

Thank you cajunbell I do have other dogs and I have introduced them but not let them play togeather yet for that very reason. I'm worried she might have worms as she is so malnurished and I wouldn't be surprised if she hasn't had any shots, it doesn't seem like she had a very good previous owner. I have already treated her for fleas, ticks, and ear mites, I have to find out how old she is before worming her and that will not be til tommorow where she'll also be getting her destemper, parvo, and rabies shots among others I'm sure. I just don't know how poeple can do the things they dosometimes. :(

7. kaseylib

kaseylib Young Pine

Awesome story and lucky pooch. How awful when people just leave animals like that. Keep us posted on her progress. She's a real cutie! Looks kind of like the Alaska huskies running the Iditarod right now!

8. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Very sad story Lily but with a positive ending now that she is in good hands. I doubt most could say no to that expression alright. Welcome Grace.

9. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Sounds like Grace is a very lucky puppy. May she give your many, many years of happiness :)

10. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

I am so glad your hubby found Grace. May she fill your lives with loads of happiness and love. She looks like she will be a great companion.

11. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

I am so glad she will be getting vet care. We had a horrible experience once with that and lost our beautiful big lab due to it. God bless you and James for being the caring people y'all are, and little Emily will grow up that much better for it.

12. petunia

petunia Young Pine

As I have recently also adopted a dog from someone who didn't want thier dog, I know how you feel. Its hard to understand why people treat animals the way they do. I'm very happy you and James have taken her in. Sounds like grace will be very happy.

13. LilyPlanter77351

I was plesantly surprised this morning, she finally gave that tail of hers a wag! I was very concerned all night because she was so listless and skidish but I think she understands that she's safe now as she has been romping out in the yard pouncing on anything that moves!

14. SongofJoy57

SongofJoy57 In Flower

What a sweetie!!! Congrats on your new baby doggie!!!

15. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

You were great to take her in...I just don't understand how people can do that to an animal. Her story was heartbreaking to hear the others didn't make it. Lucky Grace...I hope everything works out for you with her..

I could never work at the humane society because I would get too upset when animals have to be put down when they can't find homes for them or they can't be saved. At our humane society you have to fill out so many papers to adopt an animal and if you don't pass their criteria, you can't have one. And they are very expensive...sometimes you are farther off buying from an independent breeder...it is a shame but small dogs especially are hard to come by here..

Thank you for taking her in...