Paint a flower pot?

Discussion in 'Gardening Other' started by Petronius, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Petronius

Petronius Young Pine

A man has a huge plastic flower pot he has used for several years for his outdoor flowers. The original color has faded,
    If he painted the pot, would the paint stay on the pot?
    :setf_006::setf_006::setf_006::setf_006::setf_006::setf_006::setf_006::setf_006:

Gail-Steman likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. nitram

nitram Seedling

4. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

Prepping is the most important step... getting it ready for the paint with starting at really scrubbing it , does he leave it out all year and how are the winters if he does? Good luck...we did our lawn furniture years ago and it has been peeling the last couple years. The primer looks great , all we have to do it get every speck of old paint off which will be the biggest problem...but we do leave the wrought iron sit out all winter because we don't have room inside for it. It is under our covered porch.

Jewell likes this.
  5. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    I have some outdoor planters, mirrors, furniture and garden pieces I painted and they have done well, but some could stand a redo now. I have found the more textured the object the better the paint holds up. I have painted numerous pieces and enjoy the refresh of a new paint job and sometimes a new color.