Painted cottage style furniture

Discussion in 'Interior Design' started by ktl, Jun 12, 2011.

1. ktl

ktl New Seed

Does anyone know where I can find pretty painted furniture? I want to redecorate my sun room, but can't find anything I like in the store.

2. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Personally I would look through every thrift store in the area to find older pieces that have the look I want and then buy paint in the color or colors I want. It's cheaper and makes the items more personal and totally yours, not something you will see in a couple thousand other homes.

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I agree with Toni about the thrift shops. Some of our members have found terrific items in them, that once painted, are totally origional and look fantastic. :-D

4. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

Me three!! :D I'd hit yardsales, flea markets, GoodWill... I love the cottage theme! To add to your painted furniture I found waterslide decals on ebay~ cute cute cute!!!

Advertisement
  5. LR

LR New Seed

Painted Cottage Furniture

I have personally found some beautiful high quality country cottage furniture on the internet, if you are not inclined to go the flea market route.

6. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

It is amazing the wonderful furnishings you can find at some of the thrift stores and well run, organized flea markets, a little paint and their origin is not noticeable.
    And being a gardener it also means that the $$ I don't spend on fancy furniture can be spent on plants for the garden. ;)

7. ktl

ktl New Seed

I am not at all handy or creative!!!! So I'm looking to buy furniture. You can buy furniture on the internet? Geez, I've been hitting every store within miles of where I live. Has anyone bought furniture through the internet? Is it reliable?

8. LR

LR New Seed

The internet seems to be the new way to shop today. I have never had a problem ordering on the internet. If you can't find what you like in the local stores or simply don't have the time to shop around, the internet is the answer. Just google what you are looking for and you will surely find it.

9. ParkerNicole

ParkerNicole New Seed

The best interior design and furniture are necessary for house different styles of furniture is given a new looking of your home.

10. monicat

monicat New Seed

I was looking for the same think one year ago. Thrift stores are the way to go. Cheap and most of the times really good quality furniture!
    Good luck!