Painting tools

Discussion in 'Gardening Other' started by Perdita Shaylee, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Desert Rat

Desert Rat The Dusty Blogger

Reminds me of a story I read years ago about an engineer who lost his locomotive.
    To add to that, several years ago Lionel sold a toy train for little girls that had a locomotive in bright pink. They did not sell very well and today they are a prized collectors item.

2. southern bell

southern bell Seedling

My goodness, you guys have lost everything from a wheel barrow to sheep, mules and now an engineer that lost his locomotive!!! I think what you all need is huge tractor with a good heavy duty bush hog behind it. Then maybe try painting your belongings.

3. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

garden tools

Wanna lose tools? Own a gardening business. Employees eat them, bury them, leave them in cars, in pockets, on job sites. I often thought I should sell them the tools on Monday and buy them back on Fridays. Finally I just realized it was part of the business overhead. I didn't paint them pink tho. Tried flourescent orange and that didn't work.

I did make them wear pink hats for a good while so I could keep track of them. If I wasn't paying attention, they would wander off for a smoke break and I wouldn't realize I was missing one or two. Pink hats make them show up most anywhere. And since they couldn't see themselves, they forgot they had pink hats on, so didn't remove them to sneak off.

Jan, the pondlady.

4. Perdita Shaylee

Perdita Shaylee New Seed

Well I will have to say in my own defence I do not believe it was all my fault I lost that mule. He was a wonderful mule... till I got him home.I was good to him, worked with him, pleaded with him,I did everything I could humanly do to just try to be friends with this creature!kept thinking WHAT am I doing wrong???? HE was exactly like my last x husband!When he got into that hornets nest and jumped the fence I did not think he was gonna stop till he got to the state line anyway and will admit, I did not look for him very hard, I was actually GLAD he was gone.I finally figured out that I wasn't doing anything wrong, it wasn't me!!!!! They were both just Jack -----!!!!!!!!Good Riddens!!!!At least thank goodness the mule did not beg me to take him back! Perdi

Advertisement
  5. Perdita Shaylee

Perdita Shaylee New Seed

I had that problem to one time. All you have to do is have them"check out" their tools each day and tell them if any is missing at the end of the week it will come out of their pay check. You will be surprized what a difference it will make.Die hards will sand the paint off of tools AND RRRReee paint them.Painting is not a sure fix for a buisness but it will help a bit. P

6. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

No more tool problems

I happily sold the business and retired in January of this year. No more tool worries, personnel worries, scheduling worries, cash flow worries, Yippee.

7. Perdita Shaylee

Perdita Shaylee New Seed

Good for you, just living is hard enough without all the other stuff!Perdi

8. southern bell

southern bell Seedling

I deal with all that now with hubby's business. I do all the bookwork, billing, collecting and payroll and keep up with workers comp, taxes,etc,etc. It's a headache just from my end. Retirement sounds wonderful to me!
    Sorry you lost your mule, Perdi. Seriously, you didn't ever see him again?? (the mule)

9. Perdita Shaylee

Perdita Shaylee New Seed

No Gloria,I never saw the mule again , and please be glad for me I did not, I did see a crazied jack---- though and he could have only wished he had run into a nest of very ill hornets. Perdi

10. southern bell

southern bell Seedling

I can only imagine!!! Reminds me of the time that hubby wanted me to take up horse riding with him and bought me a small pinto. Beautiful horse, but I was scared of him and all horses for that matter. So hubby jumps on and that ole fellow went wild with him. Bounced up and down and all around. Only cracked a hip bone, thou. Best to stay away from those things when they're in a frenzie

11. Perdita Shaylee

Perdita Shaylee New Seed

Oh I just love wild ponies!! The wilder the better!!!I still call that thing a mule and I knew it looked very odd for a mule then come to find out it was a mammoth jack. I was scared for months someone was going to bring that thing back to my house! I have another good idea for gardening tools walking off. Machanics use this marker that's bright yellow to mark thier tools with and it writes on metal and it is nearly impossible to get off. Perdi