Part 2 of our multiple step kitchen re-do has been completed

Discussion in 'Home Improvement, DIY and Repair' started by toni, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    It all looks lovely. Good job.

I added pine bead board several years ago in the kitchen and even with a light white wash it has darkened significantly over time. I love the homey old fashioned look bead board gives a room. Yours goes so well with your window shutters.

I used a poly sealer and it has withstood my sloppiness and the animals. Can't wait to see how it all progresses on although it sure looks sharp the way it is.

2. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Toni your kitchen is looking terrific. I love the countertops even more now that I see them with all your kitchen equipment in place.

3. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

Hey Toni. I like the red counter top so much and with the bead board, it has a really nice warm feel in there. I like the look of the stainless sink against the red too. It's a great makeover.

Those copper tiles are pretty vintage, huh? they'll look nice on your kitchen sink planter -- wouldn't it be funny if you made it a water garden? You could even "install" the old faucet!

4. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

I am just looking for ideas for the future and I must say Toni - the colours in your kitchen is great - it will certainly enhance anyone's appetite.

Advertisement
  5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Thanks you all. I really enjoy looking at the kitchen. The cabinets will be painted next month, if you knew us better you would expect there to be a few months between the beginning of a project and the completion of that project :rolleyes:
    I really didn't want to spend the money on a dishwasher before the holidays so that will be bought this month. And we decided it would be cheaper to just buy a cabinet to put it in rather than build one. Once those are bought and installed then all the cabinets will be painted at the same time.

Oh and the countertop color has become a darker more barn red color since it was painted, much more what I wanted than a true red.

6. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

I like your new kitchen toni. I do like the red.Heck I just likeit and all the things to come.I know your real excited.