Peace Lilly Repotting

Discussion in 'Houseplants' started by Amadeo, May 21, 2016.

1. Amadeo

Amadeo New Seed

Hi, I want to repot my Peace Lilly,I have found some information about it in this article http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/peace-lily/peace...
    ,but it's still left me with some questions. It would be wonderful if someone could give me an appropriate advice please: In this article written that I need to use peat based compost with barks, perlite and loam. Should it be some particular peat based compost? And should I add the barks and the rest of stuff separately, and which exactly the kind of barks, and perlite do I need? I also don't really know what is loam, and should I use it necessary as well? And also, if I need to mix all of this separately then in which proportion should I do it? And I also heard that you need some stones on the bottom of the pot when repotting the Peace Lilly, I also would be interested to know how to do this! :smt001

Philip Nulty likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I've had Peace lilies for years and have never gone to such an extent when repotting them. A good all round multi purpose compost is all I've ever used. The thing I love about these plants is that they need very little attention and will let you know when they need a good watering as their leaves will begin to droop. Both of mine are flowering at the moment with very little help from me. The stones in the bottom of the pot are placed over the plant pot holes to help with moisture retention.

Amadeo likes this.