Pet Memorial Thread

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Capt Kirk, Oct 27, 2009.

1. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

In loving Momory of Heather's beloved Maggie
    Maggie was put to sleep today as she had a collapsed lung this morning and only 10 percent breathing.Heather couldn't let her suffer anymore.She will be waiting at the rainbow bridge for Heather.

[​IMG]
    Maggie Girl ( photo / image / picture from glendann's Garden )

[​IMG]
    See what a pretty girl Maggie was ( photo / image / picture from glendann's Garden )

She was a beauty.

2. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Awww Glenda I was really hoping that Maggie would recover. Heather did the right thing by her letting her go peacefully although it must have been a hard decision for her to make.

3. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

I was so hoping that little Maggie would be able to recover... I'm so sorry.

4. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

This is so sad...I was hoping she would overcome the odds. I hate to see a pet suffer...she is in pet heaven now! Give Heather my best.

Advertisement
  5. Gardengirl

Gardengirl Young Pine

Awww so sorry to hear the sad news of Maggie but the right decision was made, she is at peace now. What a lovely girl she was.

6. Kay

Kay Girl with Green Thumbs

Glendann- I'm so sorry. It just tugs at my heartstrings when someone loses a beloved pet. :'(
    Maggie will be at the Rainbow Bridge.

7. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Glenda and Heather, Joe, Logan and Trey....so sorry to hear about Maggie.

8. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

I remember when Rambo went to wait at the Rainbow Bridge.Thank you all.

9. petunia

petunia Young Pine

My heart goes out to our little pets. I had hoped that maggie would make a recovery. She now is where she's happy playing with all our other pet friends who have passed on.

10. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

My Missy-girl had been failing for the past couple of months... and so with a very, very heavy heart, I took her to vet yesterday to be put down. The vet and I had tried a number of different things but this time, her little body was just too weak and I wanted her to go peacefully resting on my lap. She was 14 or so, never quite sure. She was feisty and full of personality, didn't take any nonsense from anyone... "'tis herself" as we would describe her funny ways. I will miss her soooo much -- she was a fabulous listener and she never told secrets. Sweet Missy...

A few pictures from her healthier days....

[​IMG]
    Missy with her teddy bear ( photo / image / picture from daisybeans's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Dirty face and hands after a day in the garden... ( photo / image / picture from daisybeans's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Excited to open her Christmas stocking ( photo / image / picture from daisybeans's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Her very favorite spot on top of the cabinets ( photo / image / picture from daisybeans's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Wearing blush like her mama ( photo / image / picture from daisybeans's Garden )

11. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news Daisy. It's such a hard decision to make for a beloved pet but I'm so glad you gave Missy a loving and peaceful passing. I'm sure that, if she could have, she would have thanked you for a long and happy life and for putting her first right to the end.
    Your photographs of her are lovely and something to always treasure. She had THE most mesmerizing and beautiful eyes.

RIP Missy-girl.

12. gfreiherr

gfreiherr Young Pine

MaryAnne, so sorry to hear about your beloved Missy. It is hearbreaking to lose our pets.

13. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

DB. so sorry for your loss. Love her eyes...very pretty 'Missy'...love the first pic with her teddy! It is always a difficult decision but you made the choice to do what was best for her. We never want them to suffer.

14. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

There isn't much that I can say. It is such a shame to lose such a good and special companion.
    Your pictures here show her looking good and independant.
    My sincere condolences.

15. FlowerFreak22

FlowerFreak22 In Flower Plants Contributor

MaryAnn, I'm sorry for your loss and know how it feels as I too have recently lost a loved one...my dog, Archey. :'( He was a black and white Shi-tzu. He was my very best friend for as long as I can remember. He died at nearly 20 in human years which as far as I know if uncommonly old for a dog like himself. I'm very sad and happy at the same time because in his old age he was having some problems. He had bad arthritis in his hips, was deaf & blind, and a couple months before he died was having seizures. He was in pain, but I had him for so long I just couldn't put him down so we did what we could to keep him comfortable and pain free. It seemed to keep him happy till the end of his days. He died at night on Wednesday the 12th of May 2010 probably in his sleep as that's what his favorite thing to do was. Here is the only pic I have of him doing what he did best (sleep) on my computer, but maybe I can scan some others in and post them later.

[​IMG]
    R.I.P. 5/12/2010 ( photo / image / picture from FlowerFreak22's Garden )