Pet Memorial Thread

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Capt Kirk, Oct 27, 2009.

1. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Kay and Bob, My heart goes out for you. Our pets give us so much joy and love that we find it hard to remember life without them.

They are such comfort to us while living and thinking of them, after the pain lightens, also gives us comfort.

Barb in Pa.

2. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss Kay. You and Bob must be heartbroken.

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Sorry to hear about Missy Kay. It never gets any easier to lose a pet.

4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

So sorry to hear about Missy. I know the pain you are feeling now, it's been a little over three years since Rambo left us but I can still start crying if I think about him too much. It does get better though.

Advertisement
  5. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

It is sad when a pet passes but if it weren't for you and Bob missy would not have had a loving home the past 5 years. Memories and pictures will hold her dear to you.

Jerry

6. Gardengirl

Gardengirl Young Pine

Oh my dear Kay, as you probably will guess I know exactly what you and Bob are going through at this time, having lost our Busby quite recently. What a lovely dog Missy was and I am sure you have very many treasured memories of her to help you through this difficult time. I still shed a tear when I think of Busby but we have a new addition to our family, Brodie, who is helping to ease the pain and I am sure in time things will get better for you.

7. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

How so terrible sad for you and your man, Kay. Please accept my sincere condolences for the loss of your pet and friend.
    I know that you must be bereft...but y'know Miss K--you have pals here to support you. Our shoulders are big.
    Here's wishing you strength.

8. Kay

Kay Girl with Green Thumbs

Thanks everyone ((((sniff))))
    We are glad we could give Missy the best of her last years. My god, she was so spoiled! I don't know what to do here today without her company.
    I had to put away her dishes, food, treats and all. It made me cry to see them.
    The kitties are sticking close to me, they seem to sense my sadness.
    The man at the pet crematorium gave us a copy of The Rainbow Bridge, and another sweet poem.
    We'll go pick her up tomorrow. :'(
    I appreciate all your kind words.

9. Carol Blue-Garcia

Carol Blue-Garcia Seedling

Gardeners seem to also be pet people. I am sorry for the loss of all our pets.

10. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Hi Kay and Bob,
    so sorry to read of Missy passing over,..i well know the void that has being created by you both not having Missy around,..it helps to think of all the things she did to make you smile and laugh.

11. Kay

Kay Girl with Green Thumbs

Thanks Philip. We have been looking through the photo albums, and other pictures. I am amazed to see just how many pictures we took of Missy.
    She sure was a character, and we do have so many fun memories.
    Her last days were not fun at all, very heartbreaking for us to come to the realization, and it was a traumatic day for us.
    We'll heal in time... still have these two crazy cats...

12. gaila

gaila New Seed

I don't have a picture of my GSD named Maxx. He was 13 years old, when he went to Heaven. I'm starting to tear up just looking at all these beautiful and loving animals. I truly love animals and i'm glad you guys do too.

Philip Nulty likes this.
  13. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Gaila, sorry to hear you lost you Maxx. I have a difficult time looking at the photos of other pets lost too.
    It's coming up on 4 years since our Rambo passed and it still hurts so much to look at his photos.

14. White_Wolfe

White_Wolfe Seedling

I should never have opened this thread. It is a wonderful idea but here I sit crying while looking at all these beautiful pets who have left us. To all of you I know your pain. It is something that only time can ease but even then it still hurts. I lost my "Old Man Dog" Jedi, a merle Australian Shepherd/Chow mix about two months ago. He was 15 and had some trouble getting around but he was still trying when he had a stroke an couldn't swallow. I've lost so many furbabies in the last 15 years. Thor, Zeus, Herc, Fang, Chilli, Chewy and Jedi. As I stated on another forum I know I will have a lot of loved ones waiting with sloppy kisses, wagging tails and unconditional love when I get to Heaven.

Philip Nulty likes this.
  15. gaila

gaila New Seed

But how Blessed we were to have had them, and to share our stories of how they loved us. It's a beautiful thing because we know we are capable of giving love and receiving it as well.
    To all of you who have lost Pets, We are all connected.