Pet Memorial Thread

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Capt Kirk, Oct 27, 2009.

1. blissful photons

blissful photons In Flower

Yes, tears and a lump in the throat. Through the years , unconditional love is all I received from my pets. Except for this one Siamese cat that wouldn't give you the time of day.

Frank likes this.
  2. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

My oldest daughter is going through the last couple of hours with their oldest dog....a Springer Spaniel named Stormy. She will be taking Stormy to the Vet shortly. Stormy was about 2 when they got her 14yrs ago, 16 yrs is a long life for a Springer Spaniel so this day wasn't a surprise. My grandsons said their goodbyes last night and went to school this morning crying still but they go to the private school where Lisa teaches and their teachers all know what's going so they will be taken good care of today.

Austin was about 3 when they got her from a shelter, he's 16 now and Nicky was born the year after they got her and he is 13. They have a second dog named Fred who has been her constant companion for most of his life, Fred knows what's going on and spends a lot of time whimpering.

Anyway, please keep them on in your thoughts and prayers today and for a few days to come. I will post a photo of Stormy when I get one.

This was taken a year or so ago. She was such a laid back dog, the boys would try and try to teach her the tricks that our Rambo knew but she would just lay there and look at them. But if there was a thunderstorm she was extremely active to the point of chewing through mattresses to find a hiding spot...even doors if she felt the need to get into another room.
    They got her from the shelter on a stormy day and the way she clung to Lisa on the way home helped them pick out the name Stormy for her.
    [​IMG]
    Stormy - died 8-22-2012 ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

She and Rambo got along so well, after she taught him who ruled the roost in both her home and in ours. So we figure Rambo was waiting for her at the Rainbow Bridge to help her get comfortable in her new home.

3. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Y'll are in my thoughts and prayers for a while.So sorry for Stormy's family.Its just so hard to loose pets that are so much family to you and yours.

4. Henry Johnson

Henry Johnson In Flower

Condolences to Toni's family on the loss of one of its members, 'Stormy'..
    She will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge..
    Hank

Advertisement
  5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Sorry that Stormy had to leave Toni. Hugs.

6. Kay

Kay Girl with Green Thumbs

Oh Gosh Toni, I feel the sorrow. It's so, so hard to say goodbye to these cherished pets.
    Wishing you all well, hope she sees happy tails wagging at the Rainbow Bridge.
    ((sniff))

7. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Hudson Sleeps.

Sorry i have not logged in to the Stew for some time,..you could say i had my head in the clouds over Hudson being put to sleep after 18 years and 2 Months,..it was very hard to get over this,..Hudson was like my second shadow for all that time,..enough said.

I managed to get through sorting out some pictures in order to make a video,..yikes it hurt,..but i managed it in the end so its below.

Philip

http://youtu.be/FuZ24lHAL54

stratsmom likes this.
  8. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Philip your video is so beautiful.

I also lost my best friend and constant companion in the way you lost Hudson. It's the hardest and most difficult decision anyone can be asked to make. I still haven't fully accepted the fact that Blue is no longer with us. I can, however, look at photographs now and smile remembering the things we did together. There are days though when the ache returns and the tears aren't far away and I would give anything to have him back fit and healthy.
    I know you loved Hudson with all your heart and that she had a long life and one that many other dogs would envy. No one can rub out the eighteen years you had together and your memories will never fade.
    If there is such a place as dog heaven then Hudson will be there with Blue and Dooley's Chance (who passed away just a short while ago) and they will remember us as fondly as we remember them. We may all even meet up again - who knows.
    My sincere condolences my friend.

Philip Nulty likes this.
  9. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Yes, I know how you felt. dr and I feel the same way. We only had Chance a little over 10 years but she was a part of the family. I still wait for her to lead the way to the bedroom after I turn the computer off at night. We wait for her to come running to the door when we open it after we have been gone somewhere. We will always remember the good times and the bad. We will meet up with her again and rejoice!

dooley

Philip Nulty likes this.
  10. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    What a beautiful memorial to a very good friend and family member. So sorry for your loss. We love our pets and the laughter and companionship they give us too. They definitely enrich our lives in so many little ways. Take care of yourself.

Philip Nulty likes this.
  11. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hi Philip, very sorry to hear about Hudson. 18 years was a remarkable age to reach. It's great to see you back with us.

Philip Nulty likes this.
  12. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

A lovely tribute to Hudson, a companion to lead us for adventures and walks through your garden. Hudson will be missed.

Jerry

Philip Nulty likes this.
  13. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Philip Nulty, That is truly beautiful. I am so sorry for all your pain. Feel better Sweetie.

Philip Nulty likes this.
  14. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Hi Philip. I'm so sorry to hear about Hudson. I don't know what I'm gonna do the day my Sassy Marie leaves me. How's Molly doing? It's great to see you back and we all certainly understand what you're going through. Hang in there my friend. And oh yeah... beautiful video tribute.

Philip Nulty likes this.
  15. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Hi folks,
    thank you all for the kind words,..the private messages,..the Emails kick starting me back to reality,..i lost track of things for a spell,.. sort of withdrew into a shell i suppose,..its only me and the pets in my house as the pets don't allow anyone to stay for long,..suits me lol,..but when one of the pets depart there is a big gap to fill here,..Hudson could never be replaced,..even though Molly is here and clings to me now that she is alone,..she doesn't know much English,..honestly,..just her name,.. but will react to hand signals.