Photo bucket Malware.....?

Discussion in 'Computer and Internet' started by bsewnsew, Jan 19, 2010.

1. bethie

bethie Young Pine

I ousted my Norton due to various problems on the advice of my Geek. I also still had months left but I have been problem free since then. I ended up getting the paid version of AVG but only since a year was free with a pair of shoes I bought I Really needed those shoes. :-D I'll switch to free when it runs out.
    Kuntrygal, the good thing about a computer is you can get rid of something and get something else. There are many confusing things out there. Also, are you using a registry cleaner sometimes?

2. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

I don't know (obviously) how I got to Uniblue! :rolleyes: I clicked on Susie's link again and still not sure what the heck I am doing, :oops: so guess I will just leave it alone and not download malewarebytes! :-?

3. SusieQ07

SusieQ07 In Flower

Here is the link once again, on the left in blue it say's download free version, click that and it will take you to CNET and the download, how easy can it be?http://www.malwarebytes.org/
    With this software, you don't really need a register scan, as this finds problems embedded in registry also..trying to tell y'all it's great, and after running full scan, it is recommended that you run quick scan once a week..

4. Karen B

Karen B Seedling

Kutrygal,
    Uniblue does not offer any software that is similar to Malwarebytes. Which of the Uniblue products did you download? If you don't need it, you may want to unbinstall it.

Advertisement
  5. Palustris

Palustris Young Pine

Here is the info I was not able to put up earlier
    Part of the attacks came in the form of an infected pdf file that you might receive either in whole or a link to one from a trusted source, you can make pdf's safer to view by opening Adobe reader and clicking on "Edit/Preferences" in the box that opens click "Javascript" on the left and on the right remove the tick from "Enable Acrobat JavaScript".

For Vista or Windows 7 users you can go to "Internet Options" in Internet explorer and click the security tab, then "enable Protected Mode" will also help.It's switched on by default on Win7 but not in Vista...this option is not available in XP apparently.

6. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

Susie, I visited on the link and I see the same link again... the blue box 'download free version'... click on that and it takes me to 'file forum' at the top...to far right another blue box' download now (4,996kb)...clicked that...another page in center of page it says 'recommended download in golden box'...etc. ...it is not easy for me :!:

Karen, I did unistall 'Uniblue'...thanks! ;)

7. Karen B

Karen B Seedling

Here is the link that I used to do the actual download of Malwarebytes:

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-A ... tag=button

The green button to download is on the left side of the page and has the words Download Now next to it. The download buttons on the right side of the page are ads for different programs.

8. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

Karen, thank you, thank you, thank you. That link made all the difference in the world to a dumb@ss like me! :D Got my computer scanned and cleaned up. Thank you again so much! :stew2:

9. Palustris

Palustris Young Pine

Fret not Kuntrygal I am a little Computer literate and I was a bit puzzled as to how to do the Download. You would think these people would be able to make the Web pages so that they had big labels on saying "Kuntrygal press this button ".
    :]

10. Karen B

Karen B Seedling

You are most welcome.
    I used to write instructions for a manager who was computer phobic. Turning on his laptop started with:
    Place laptop on flat surface.
    Plug cord into outlet..
    You get the idea.
    Some webpages are confusing so don't feel bad. The ads have large download buttons to catch your eye so you will use their products.

11. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

Palustris, I agree ...they should have a huge button, saying, 'OK, Kuntrygal, this is THE button to push to get the download!!' :D :D

Karen, everyone is trying to get a piece of the 'pie' with their ads. For that reason, the websites are sometimes intimidating to me. Never sure which one is the right one. Thanks again, I feel safe and secure now. ;)

12. SusieQ07

SusieQ07 In Flower

It appears with a different OS like Vista, it may take you to a different site? for me it takes me here to CNET, where I get all my downloads anyway, so here is the link to download at CNET, sorry about any mix up.
    http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-A ... ?tag=mncol