Pink star like flowers from bulbs...

Discussion in 'Plant ID' started by Tina, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Tina

Tina Young Pine

I didn't plant them - this is how I got them from a friend.I did dig it up once and saw that they are bulbs. The plant now has 3 pink, star like flowers. Very small though. I think the size of the pot is too big for it.And the plants are planted half way from the pot!! What type flowers are these? Should I dig them up and put in an appropriate size container to make the bloom larger? Will it help this season?

2. Loading...

3. GardenFanantic

GardenFanantic Seedling

Very deformed hyacinths

4. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

looks like a hyacinth to me. Does it smell really good? I don't think replanting it this year will help but after it has bloomed you can transplant it for next year. :)
    Deanna
    :-D

5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hyacinth. They may just be dwarf sized ones. The size of the pot will not change their size, neither will feeding them.
    They will finished this years life cycle, store up energy thru the leaves for next years bulbs then go dormant until early next spring.

If you put them in another pot, they really should be at the top of the pot instead of halfway down there.

6. katsback

katsback In Flower

yup a pink hyacinth,those smell wonderful/and come back each year,thye have them in white and purple too..