Planning a new garden.

Discussion in 'Garden Design' started by Capt Kirk, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Capt Kirk

Capt Kirk Thank a Veteran today!

Last fall we replaced the retaining wall by the basement door. I posted pics of the process as it materialised in the gallery at the time. We still have the same 2 flower beds, but most everything had to be removed. The bleeding heart is back in place and we have planted 2 more to go with it. In the upper bed, we still have the fall Aster as it has such pretty bloom. The rest of it we wanted to keep simple and easy to take care of. So we are planting colorful shrubs in it. We can keep them at a manable height by trimming. We have a burning bush that will provide color in the fall that will offset the colors of the brick. We have 2 White Heather and two yellow shrubs and 2 white and porple shrubs. I will take some pictures once we have them planted.

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Oh yes please!! I'm really looking forward to seeing what you done with the beds. :-D

4. Capt Kirk

Got them planted a bit ago. Here are some pics.

These are the White Mediteranean Heather.
    [​IMG]

The yellow ones are Emerald'n Gold Euonymus. The one in the middle is Emerald Gaiety Euonymus
    [​IMG]

And this is the Dwarf Burning Bush.

[​IMG]

5. Capt Kirk

The yellow ones really pop with color when the sun hits them. The one in the middle has small pieces of purple mixed in with the green leaves. We still have some more to get and plant yet. And then I have to mulch. Once it's all done I will take some more pics.

6. Tina

Tina Young Pine

Very nice!