Plum Tree problem

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by bob6831, Jun 17, 2005.

1. bob6831

bob6831 New Seed

Hi.
    New to forum, hope someone can help.
    I have a Stanley plum tree about 7 years old now.
    Has produced plums last 3-4 years, but have problem..... most of them fall off.
    I think I have plum curico(spelling?)., because see bugs inside the plums. Last year sprayed couple fo times with Sevin, but still only about 5-10 plums lasted to end, and those even showed some signs of bugs.
    This year, looks like some bug problem, even though sprayed again with Sevin right after bloom..... Also, and main concern now is that see brown knots all over most branches. Is this brown rot???? I do have grapes next door to the tree, and I believe that they have had black rot (another topic).
    Help!
    Thx
    Bob

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hi Bob,

Firstly, and most importantly, a big, warm welcome to GardenStew!!! :D

Now to try to help you out with your plum tree problems.

Here are a couple of websites that seem to be pretty comprehensive re: pests and diseases in fruit trees. Hope they manage to steer you in the right direction.

www.1stoptrees.com/15/plum-tree-diseases.html

www.agf.gov.bc.ca/treefrt/pestdis/pests.htm

Let me know if you manage to identify the bugs destroying your plums won't you?

Cheers.

4. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Nice to see you here Bob at the GardenStew forums. :smt039 I hope you will find your answers here and stick around to enjoy a great new community in the making :)

Regards your plum disease problem I found an additional resource which may be of assistance to you http://plantclinic.cornell.edu/fruit/pl ... sheets.htm I don't know whether any of the diseases listed here are of relevance but I hope they will help.

Welcome again :smt003