Pond Fish

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Pianolady, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Pianolady

Pianolady In Flower

Here's my 3 koi, and a goldie I couldn't get out to put in the other pond, so he got to stay with the big boys!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. FlowerFreak22
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Dan the Librarian
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

Very pretty - how old are they? I remember koi keep growing as long as they live (I've seen some bigger than my cat) - the calico coloring is very nice.

4. jubabe296

jubabe296 Official Garden Fairy

Oh those are great!! Makes want to continue with my pond so I can raise some too!!

5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

I really like the concept of keeping koi, I think I am a koi fanatic at heart but I just don't know it yet. Must see the whole sight in the flesh first :D

Are they hard to maintain PL?

Advertisement
  6. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

There's just no way I could keep fish in my pond (although it's big enough) they'd eat all my wildlife and plants!!!! :'(

I do like to see fish in others ponds though and yours ar smashing - love the colours!!! :-D

7. Crazy Orchid Lady

Crazy Orchid Lady Seedling

I want a pond just like yours. But I'm in Colorado and our average humidity here is 7%... so, any pond I put in would be dried up in a matter of days... boooo hooooo. Congrats, your fish are really pretty.

8. Pianolady

Pianolady In Flower

I've had the largest koi for 3 years now, the body of it is now 9" long. The two smaller, 1 year. Each was about 3" long when purchased, they grow fast, and big. So, you need to keep a low fish load and/or have a big pond if you want koi, and some type of filtration is probably necessary (unless you have a REALLY big pond).

I have no lilies in this pond, only floating plants, it's like a big fish tank. All the other plants go into two smaller ponds. Every time I try to put a lily in here, they just dig in it all the time. Goldfish or sarassa won't do this.

9. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

They are so pretty ,but we have cats all over the place here .These pretty little fish would be fished out in a hurry .I do not have a cat but about 6 or 7 hangs around my house all time .I get so mad at thim as they lay on my plants and in general tear up.