Pond needs work

Discussion in 'Water Gardening' started by FountainMan, Jun 29, 2012.

1. FountainMan

FountainMan Seedling

About a month ago I drained my pond and cleared all the mud out of it. The water stayed clear for a while. Then in the upper pond I discovered a mass of mud. I know it wasn't there before I worked on the pond but it is now. Anyway the mud is ontop of pea gravel so the only way to get rid of it is to drain the lower pond AGAIN and wash the mud away. I'm going to wait for the weather to get cooler. There's no point in working on the pond in 100 degree heat. Bummer.

2. Loading...

3. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Wow... that sounds like a lot of work.
    And here I was complaining about just cleaning out my galvanized stock tank "pond".
    Hope you get the problem solved so you won't have to do that all over again.

FountainMan likes this.
  4. FountainMan

FountainMan Seedling

Shoudn't be a big deal. Sooner or later I plan to take my thing for fountains into the lake management industry. If I can't handle my own pond then I'm in big trouble when I get into lake management. Of course with proper care bigger ponds seem to handle them selves well.

5. gkwilsongardens

gkwilsongardens New Seed

If access allows you could hire a gulley cleaner which would suck all the mid and waste out of the pond. I've used this before but on large projects so it has to be cost effective. I'm not all that keen on mosquito bites as you could probably gather.

Frank likes this.